3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Will Modifications make you faster?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 12:33 PM
Fullslp
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will Modifications make you faster?

Well I guess there are many factors involved as well as someone's interpretation of the words "Modification" and "Faster".

Anyways since we don't have a KILL section for 3rd gen Durango's and having one would be kind of silly I just wanted to post up something that happened last night.

I was cruising at about 55 miles per hour with traffic when I spotted another 3rd gen Durango slightly ahead of me. I realized that it was a Citadel RWD model and I moved in for a closer look. At this point he was about 4 feet in front of me in the next lane. I look up and see an approaching light turn yellow, just then he hammers it and a split second later I do the same. She kicked down to the mythical 2nd gear and pulled hard past him. When we got threw the light I was approximately 1/2 of a truck length in front of him at about 77mph. we hit the next light and we rolled down the windows. He said " What did you do to that thing" So I proceeded to tell him the modifications I had done and I asked if he was indeed a hemi and was WOT and he confirmed. I said you want to go again and he politely said "no Thanks" so I wished him a good day and we were done.

So I guess in the modification world of uncountable variables I can confidently say that My Lightly Modded AWD R/T was a little faster than a RWD Citadel Hemi on that day.

Hypertech Interceptor, Volant, 180 Stat. Big right foot.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:38 PM
MJNewman
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sparta!!!

Old 05-31-2013, 04:42 PM
budoboy1
Veteran

I weighed my Durango today 5450 with me ...

Catback, CAI, 180* thermo, Diablosport trinity tuner with custom tune ... Best ET to date was 15.29 at 90MPH

Not fast

Folks see my cool R/T and insist it must be fast. I tell them "maybe by 1985 standards" :-) Most new Kia and Hyundai sedans can kick my ***

Old 05-31-2013, 06:36 PM
Fullslp
Captain

[QUOTE=budoboy1;3026172]I weighed my Durango today 5450 with me ...

Catback, CAI, 180* thermo, Diablosport trinity tuner with custom tune ... Best ET to date was 15.29 at 90MPH

Not fast
Hey bro thanks for taking the time to weigh the D. It's good to get all the #s we can get.

15.2 is not fast but I can truly sleep at night knowing I would blow the damn doors off a Ferrari Enzo In 2 inches of snow in my AWD D. I'd look over at the driver and wisper " your *** is mine". Hahahaha

Old 05-31-2013, 06:52 PM
budoboy1
Veteran

Originally Posted by Fullslp
Hey bro thanks for taking the time to weigh the D. It's good to get all the #s we can get.

15.2 is not fast but I can truly sleep at night knowing I would blow the damn doors off a Ferrari Enzo In 2 inches of snow in my AWD D. I'd look over at the driver and wisper " your *** is mine". Hahahaha

I weigh 250 so a RWD Durango R/T should be around 5200 without a sunroof and with a 3/4 tank of gas. Did you know the new Ford Explorers with V6 weigh 4600!!! I guess that's weigh they can't tow like we can

Old 05-31-2013, 11:13 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol nice!!

Quick Reply: Will Modifications make you faster?