3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2014 Availability??

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 02:42 AM
calereeves
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Availability??

I've been lurking around for a while looking for ideas when we first started looking at 2013 R/Ts. We've decided to pounce as soon as the '14s are available to order, but we're just waiting on a phone call from the dealership. Anybody have any insight on when the '14s will be available to order?

Planning on ordering a white R/T awd, rear captain's chairs, rear dvd, blacktop.... counting down the days, just don't know where I'm counting from!!

Old 07-04-2013, 09:16 AM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I've read we should start to see them in late august to early September...welcome!

Old 07-04-2013, 10:06 AM
vertrkr

I hope it's that early. Everything I've read said Fall. I just stumbled upon the 2014 model and fell in love with it. Never owning a Chrysler product before I'm now in full research mode trying to find the most active Durango forum and Dodge news sites. This forum is it the best I can tell and allpar.com for Chrysler news.

I've spent the last year researching SUVs and had a Mercedes GL350 on order which I just canceled a month before delivery after waiting 3 months. Fantastic car but MB has the worst interface I've ever seen. I didn't realize how bad it was until my parents got an ML350 a few weeks ago and I spent some time setting it up for them. They hate it too, we happen to sit in a 2014 Grand Cherokee with the 8.4 uConnect system and were blown away how easy and intuitive it is. The configurable speedo dash display is also the coolest thing I've seen. After using that system I must have it. I'll get the Durango and they are going to try and get the dealer to do a straight swap for the Grand Cherokee Summit for the ML.

We are both wary of Chrysler products but seems they have come a long way recently and with the new ZF transmissions it appears they will be quality products. Anyway, 1st post, looking forward to joining the community.

Last edited by vertrkr; 07-04-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:10 AM
wildspeed
Professional

Originally Posted by vertrkr
I hope it's that early. Everything I've read said Fall. I just stumbled upon the 2014 model and fell in love with it. Never owning a Chrysler product before I'm now in full research mode trying to find the most active Durango forum and Dodge news sites. This forum is it the best I can tell and allpar.com for Chrysler news.

I've spent the last year researching SUVs and had a Mercedes GL350 on order which I just canceled a month before delivery after waiting 3 months. Fantastic car but MB has the worst interface I've ever seen. I didn't realize how bad it was until my parents got an ML350 a few weeks ago and I spent some time setting it up for them. They hate it too, we happen to sit in a 2014 Grand Cherokee with the 8.4 uConnect system and were blown away how easy and intuitive it is. The configurable speedo dash display is also the coolest thing I've seen. After using that system I must have it. I'll get the Durango and they are going to try and get the dealer to do a straight swap for the Grand Cherokee Summit for the ML.

We are both wary of Chrysler products but seems they have come a long way recently and with the new ZF transmissions it appears they will be quality products. Anyway, 1st post, looking forward to joining the community.
I also have a 2013 GL 450 and a 2011 Durango
It is true that the Uconnect is way easier to use mainly because of the touch screen instead of the mercedes ****, but in the other end the Mercedes let you do much more that the Uconnect.

Now enginering, technology and everything else go to the Mercedes, but apples and oranges there, we are comparing a 40000$ Dodge to a 80000$ Mercedes.

Last edited by wildspeed; 07-04-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:49 PM
calereeves
Amateur

Interesting that two other have GLs, since we were struggling between a D and used GL550. We test drove 320s, 350/450/550s, all 08 and 09 models. Loved the ride and the "snappiness" of the 550 in particular, but didn't like the nav/radio/HVAC interface at all. We really liked the Durango R/T, but none of the local dealers (we're in Alaska, so supply is limited!) have any with rear captain's chairs or rear DVD. Once we saw the info on the 14s, we decided that's absolutely what we want, so now it's just a waiting game. I really hope we have time to order and take delivery before the snow starts here...that's the biggest reason we decided to go with an awd SUV for my wife.

The 09 GL550 we could drive off the lot for about $46k (52k miles) with the M-B extended warranty to 135k miles. What it ultimately came down to was the fact that for the same price we could get brand new R/T ordered with every option we want.

Last edited by calereeves; 07-04-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:35 PM
wildspeed
Professional

The navigation and interface on the previous generation GL is horrible....
I had an 09 before the 13 and the quality was very dissapointing for a Mercedes. Even the 13 look similar to the old one , it's a totaly new unit and much improved.
I also do like the 14 Durango and probably be trading the 11 for one.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:46 AM
vertrkr

Back to the original topic, seems most new models take about 2 months once the plant starts production to reach the dealers. We'd be looking at September if they started production now, which they haven't :-( I read on allpar production will be relatively low compared to the Grand Cherokee which is made at the same plant in Detroit. I would not expect to see alot of models on the lot once they get going for some time. Of course if we don't want to pay near msrp we'll have to wait even longer. Of course being the impulsive sucker that I am I'll probably get one soon as they are available.

Last edited by vertrkr; 07-05-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:14 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by calereeves
I've been lurking around for a while looking for ideas when we first started looking at 2013 R/Ts. We've decided to pounce as soon as the '14s are available to order, but we're just waiting on a phone call from the dealership. Anybody have any insight on when the '14s will be available to order?

Planning on ordering a white R/T awd, rear captain's chairs, rear dvd, blacktop.... counting down the days, just don't know where I'm counting from!!
Calereeves,

The 2014 Durango's should be available in showrooms in the 3rd quarter, so it shouldn't be much longer.

I know the dealers are just as eager for the 2014 Durango's to become available and I am sure you will get a call as soon as they get there.

Keep us posted on your purchase!

Old 07-05-2013, 08:25 PM
Orin500XL
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vertrkr
We are both wary of Chrysler products but seems they have come a long way recently and with the new ZF transmissions it appears they will be quality products.
My wife and I felt the same way. I've been driving Volvos for 40 years and the wife has an XC90 V-8 AWD she loves.
I rented a Durango in Florida back in '08 and was unimpressed. Last spring I heard a couple of good comments about the '11 Durango and went into research mode. Bottom line: Edmunds gave it a very good review saying it is equal, and better in some areas, to anything in its class. Consumer Reports actually recommended the 2011 Durango praising Dodge's advances in the vehicle. The last time Consumer's Report recommended a Dodge must have been back in 1967 when they drove one of the Slant Six Darts or something. Even our bone-stock Crew is an attractive vehcile, its just that I need to give it some . . . glitz?

Old 07-17-2013, 10:36 PM
calereeves
Amateur

I'm headed to the dealership right now to order a '14 R/T!!!!

Quick Reply: 2014 Availability??