Lockpick v5 - apple component cables

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 08:17 AM
SLAINTE06
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lockpick v5 - apple component cables

Hey Guys.

Im looking for compatbile component cables that will work with IPHONE 4/ IPOD TOUCH 4g. My 9 y/o wants to connect up his touch to the screen using the AV cables while in the car, wasnt sure if anyone knew a of a compatible cable. I bought the apple set, but they failed to work, so figure maybe be some of you on here that has the lockpick that has similiar cables. I think with the latest version of IOS, it is not longer compatable.
Here is what I have

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC...osite-av-cable

Thanks

Old 07-16-2013, 09:39 AM
funatic
Amateur

I used the best buy version of the component cables, and it sort of works with my wife 4s. I have only been able to get it to display videos from itunes ( i have not tried the netflix app, and the watch espn app will not work.) Also with the v5, you can only display the VES input on the front screen and not a rear screen if you have one.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:51 AM
SLAINTE06
All Star

Originally Posted by funatic
I used the best buy version of the component cables, and it sort of works with my wife 4s. I have only been able to get it to display videos from itunes ( i have not tried the netflix app, and the watch espn app will not work.) Also with the v5, you can only display the VES input on the front screen and not a rear screen if you have one.
Is it the rocket fish ones. From what I am reading, the apple cables used to work up to ios6, some guys recommending just jailbreaking device and using other apps. but above anything I want to be able to see if at least the AV piece works on the screen too. Yeah I knew about the ves, I dont have rear entertainment. I have IPAD holder and I just run the aux cord to the front, does the job. Thanks for input.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:06 PM
jwr9152
Professional

I have the apple version and it works on my wife's 4's. Not sure what version of software she has. If we are watching up front we connect to the lockpick cable. If the kinds want to watch in back we will use the apple cables and hook it up to the aux input in the back seat. Work ok. My Galaxy works better, because you can display anything on phone screen on the video screens. Also have a WD live installed under the drivers seat and run to the aux input in the back. Have a terabyte worth of movies installed on it, and can use the wifi hotspot off my phone to stream netflix over it if we want.

Old 07-16-2013, 04:29 PM
SLAINTE06
All Star

Originally Posted by jwr9152
I have the apple version and it works on my wife's 4's. Not sure what version of software she has. If we are watching up front we connect to the lockpick cable. If the kinds want to watch in back we will use the apple cables and hook it up to the aux input in the back seat. Work ok. My Galaxy works better, because you can display anything on phone screen on the video screens. Also have a WD live installed under the drivers seat and run to the aux input in the back. Have a terabyte worth of movies installed on it, and can use the wifi hotspot off my phone to stream netflix over it if we want.
Great setup, how are you hooking up galaxy, what cable you have?

Old 07-16-2013, 07:06 PM
jwr9152
Professional

Well that is the awkward part. I use the Samsung hdmi converter cable. Then I have to convert that to rca. Have a converter wired up under the arm rest so you only see the hdmi cable. Cool thing is you can watch anything. Espn app, dish network, speed 2, cinemax, netflix, amazon videos, email, surf the web, or play games.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:31 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

U install the hypertech yet?

Old 07-17-2013, 07:38 AM
SLAINTE06
All Star

Originally Posted by jwr9152
Well that is the awkward part. I use the Samsung hdmi converter cable. Then I have to convert that to rca. Have a converter wired up under the arm rest so you only see the hdmi cable. Cool thing is you can watch anything. Espn app, dish network, speed 2, cinemax, netflix, amazon videos, email, surf the web, or play games.
I have a converter that converts rca to hdmi, didnt know you could go backwards. You have name or model of it. I the galazy mhl cable, Im would sooner connect the galaxy and dump movies on the SD card so dont have multiple devices. You can PM if you want so thread doesnt get out a hand. Thanks man.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:41 AM
SLAINTE06
All Star

Originally Posted by CMil527
U install the hypertech yet?
lol nope, still on my workbench. I decided I really want to install where everyone else has it, but until I have someone that can hold the fuse box for me during install, it can sit there. I dont want to F something up again and knock anything out like the last time. Better safe than sorry, I know its an easy install, but making me be very cautious after first attempt.

You didnt notice the end of my signature??? lol

Last edited by SLAINTE06; 07-17-2013 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Updating
Old 07-17-2013, 10:06 AM
jwr9152
Professional

I'll post here in case anyone else is interested. I just bought this cheap converter off of Amazon. It has worked fine.

Amazon.com: Sabrent HDMI to Composite/S-Video Converter 3RCA DA-HDRC: Electronics Amazon.com: Sabrent HDMI to Composite/S-Video Converter 3RCA DA-HDRC: Electronics

I installed it under the armrest and then ran the cables down and plugged them into the rear auxillary input. I ran a HDMI cable through the transmission tunnel up to the dash where I have the phone mounted.

Quick Reply: Lockpick v5 - apple component cables