3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Replacement taillight needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 05:56 PM
tbone123
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement taillight needed

Just broke my passenger side taillight the one in the hatch. Anyone have a part number and source for replacement? I'm guessing the interior panel has to come off to replace it? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:32 PM
hairless_ape
Rookie

I'm not sure if passenger side would be considered left or right, but this page has them all listed. I've used these guys before without any issues. The parts always ship in a day or two.

http://www.dodgepartsstore.com/parts...bination-lamps

Old 07-24-2013, 10:27 AM
CPW1265
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tbone123
Just broke my passenger side taillight the one in the hatch. Anyone have a part number and source for replacement? I'm guessing the interior panel has to come off to replace it? Any insight is greatly appreciated.
When you replace the taillight you just need to remove the 2 body panel pins and there are 2 metal guide pins that are holding it into the body of the car. No need to remove any panels. (This sounds a lot easier than it is lol te body panel pins are difficult to remove)

Old 07-24-2013, 10:06 PM
tbone123

Originally Posted by CPW1265
When you replace the taillight you just need to remove the 2 body panel pins and there are 2 metal guide pins that are holding it into the body of the car. No need to remove any panels. (This sounds a lot easier than it is lol te body panel pins are difficult to remove)
I think that's for the outer light right? Sounds right cause I have removed those to install a trailer wiring kit. The lense I need to replace is the one in the lift gate on the passenger side. I don't see anyway to access from the outside. On vacation till Saturday so can't really investigate it much till I get back home. Thanks for the replies guys.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:40 AM
baum
Professional

Yes you need to take of the interior panel! IMO they can be a PITA!! Once you get the panel loose enough you can actually flex it a bit to get to all the nuts you need to remove. The guys in my dodge quick lube wouldnt even change that light for me when it was out.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:39 AM
tbone123

Originally Posted by baum
Yes you need to take of the interior panel! IMO they can be a PITA!! Once you get the panel loose enough you can actually flex it a bit to get to all the nuts you need to remove. The guys in my dodge quick lube wouldnt even change that light for me when it was out.
That's what I was betting on. Why dodge would not provide an access panel for bulb replacement is beyond me.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:27 AM
CPW1265
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tbone123
I think that's for the outer light right? Sounds right cause I have removed those to install a trailer wiring kit. The lense I need to replace is the one in the lift gate on the passenger side. I don't see anyway to access from the outside. On vacation till Saturday so can't really investigate it much till I get back home. Thanks for the replies guys.
yea i thought you were taking about the brake light ooops lol

there was a thread a couple months back about guys replacing that light with LED ones so im sure they know how to remove/replace it. I think it was listed under "Interior LED"

Old 08-01-2013, 08:47 PM
tbone123

I got the light and had to pull the rear hatch panel off to change it. Such a pain. Well now I need all 4 of the Christmas tree pins that go in the bottom of the panel. Anyone know if I can grab these at a parts store or is going to a dealership my only option?? Need to get this buttoned back up over the weekend.
Thanks

Quick Reply: Replacement taillight needed