3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Wheel Cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 06:01 PM
Waynead
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Cleaner

What do you folks use to clean wheels? The chrome-on-plastic wheels on my Citadel need a little TLC.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:56 AM
V for Victory
All Star

just soap and water to clean the wheels, keep them waxed and the dirt just washes off. Check out a product called Easy Shine by Satin Gloss, its a water based (no polymers) final finish that removed bugs and what not very well. I use it to wipe down my truck after final rinse and between washing to remove light dust of spot cleaning to get off bird dropping and bugs splatter. Love the stuff. Maybe Steve, FSTDANGO will give his prospective on the stuff as I got him to try it also.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:05 AM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 with V.. good old soap & water works best!

Old 07-29-2013, 12:19 AM
inyadreems
Veteran

You only need a wheel cleaner when wheels are heavily soiled. My go to is Meguiar's All Wheel and Tire Cleaner. Like others have said keep them coated with a good sealant or wax. Collonite 476's or 845 works very well on wheels. A synthetic sealant will last longer than wax on paint and wheels.

I would wash with soap and water, try not to use a brush with hard bristles, then hit them with some metal polish and then top with a sealant.

Old 07-29-2013, 12:45 AM
PortAuthorityCop
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good old soap and water but use car was h soap. Dish washing soap as some have used remember is formulated to remove food which contains grease and oil. These soaps maybe a bit too strong for a wheels finish especially chrome. Also I just recently bought at Target a microfiber brush that is about 6-8 inches long. comes in a 2 pack with an actual tire brush and this thing is just a microfiber towel covering that is foam underneath, can be removed and machine washed. I have RT so no chrome but reaches into clean the whole dish of the wheel without having to maneuver your hands in there if brakes may still be hot. I used it on my chrome wheels on my Kia Optima SXL and it works great. Think company is called mycar but its def in Target automotive section. 7 or 8 bucks for 2 brush double pack. I always used a carnuba wax back in the day on my chrome wheels and plan to do the same especially before winter.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:21 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Originally Posted by V for Victory
just soap and water to clean the wheels, keep them waxed and the dirt just washes off. Check out a product called Easy Shine by Satin Gloss, its a water based (no polymers) final finish that removed bugs and what not very well. I use it to wipe down my truck after final rinse and between washing to remove light dust of spot cleaning to get off bird dropping and bugs splatter. Love the stuff. Maybe Steve, FSTDANGO will give his prospective on the stuff as I got him to try it also.
WHAT HE SAID^^^
Great Stuff which reminds me I need more V.
STEVE

Quick Reply: Wheel Cleaner