3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

What is this Side Panel Insulatio?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 06:39 PM
Fullslp
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know anyone who has tore out as much of their Durango as MJNEWMAN. He would probably know where it came from if its from a D. My guess is that its for another automobile and it was ordered in by the dealer for a vehicle that was damaged from the factory. Must be a newer vehicle since the part hasn't gone into aftermarket parts distribution a.k.a Taiwan repos. There was a site that lists this part in the middle east so it may be more from Mercedes global fleet somewhere. How it got in the car? any number of reasons. just my 2 cents

Old 08-29-2013, 12:58 PM
DCrew
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

First and foremost thank you for all the replies, it's appreciated. Second, I started searching high and low in my Durango and actually FOUND WHERE THIS THING GOES. In the back of our Durango's, when you open up the rear hatch on the driver's side is a plastic piece that looks like a rectangle but it's not completely rectangle. It's a little deep and it's right inside where the fuel door is. That plastic piece is easily removed. It's actually the area where the emergency fuel door release cord is.

Well in that area there is an area where that insulation piece fits. What is interesting is that there is already an insulation piece in my Durango so I don't know if the loose one that was sitting in my Durango is just an extra insulation piece or if it goes in a different area. I would think logically maybe it would go on the opposite side, the problem is I can't see anyway to remove the other side as it's solid carpet and has no access. So i'm baffled as to whether this is just an extra piece from factory by mistake? Or if there is yet another area where this is supposed to go.

If anyone gets a few seconds to check their area back there so they can see exactly what this piece is and that it's in all the Durango's...maybe someone can chime in on whether that is the only area this goes and that this is an oddity, or if there is another area for a 2nd insulation piece where this piece should fit.

@DodgeCACares....I have spoken to the dealer, they are as baffled as I am.

Quick Reply: What is this Side Panel Insulatio?