3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

About to Pull the Trigger on a 2013...

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013 | 12:35 AM
WannaV-8
|
Veteran

What a fun forum. You guys have offered some great suggestions and have some great looking Durangos. Gonna need bigger mirrors, ha ha. I just negotiated a deal for my wife's new car and it was easy because I was fully prepared to walk. I need to be like that for this deal as well. I sent the sales manager an email (black DD) and told them if they up my cars value by another $600, I'm in. Too good a deal. Won't be the first black car I've owned. I was working on a white one 3 hours away, but it would be a dealer trade and that would obligate me to purchase (according to this dealer). No way I'm committing w/o first driving it. All cars are not created equal.

Old 08-14-2013 | 07:18 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Take a road trip and buy the White one! LOL
GOOD LUCK WITH THE PURCHASE AND JUST SO YOU KNOW PICTURES WITHIN 1 HR OF PURCHASE ARE MANDATORY!

Old 08-14-2013 | 11:47 AM
WannaV-8
|
Veteran

The dealer called and would do the deal, but I did a lot of thinking regarding black............just can't do that color knowing how OCD I am. So......back to the drawing boards. Guess it's going to be a '14 unless a white (or red) one falls from the sky. Dayam I was soooooo close.

Old 08-14-2013 | 01:39 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

There is no such commitment based upon the fact that they have to acquire the vehicle from another dealer. What if they Bring it there and there are dents all over it or dings from the transfer. Tell your dealer to get it done or lose the deal on the one you want
STEVE

Old 08-14-2013 | 01:45 PM
Crew Member
Professional

Here's a mega sweet deal at the dealer I bought mine from. If you're up for a REAL road trip.....

http://www.lakelanddodge.com/new/201...itadel-c08460/

Old 08-14-2013 | 04:42 PM
Orin500XL
Captain

It's all about priorities, my friend. What do you value more, a "cool" looking car or a car with all of the features you want. Some times you can have both but often you do not.
When I got the '06 Pacifica I wanted the Touring trim but without the sunroof, nav, or entertainment. I also wanted three-row airbags, which were an option at the time and not standard equipment. I searched EVERY Chrysler dealer's inventory within 150 miles of Annapolis, Maryland, and found the car I wanted only 60 miles away. It was Satin Gold, which was NOT at the top of my prefered colors.
But then the salesman started deducting the rebates and we agreed on about $25K for a car listed at $36K. This was in November '06 and Chrysler was giving these things away. If I'd waited for the '07s I would've paid at least $4K more. Inventory close-outs are a marvelous thing. :-)
Priorities, my friend. Priorities.

Quick Reply: About to Pull the Trigger on a 2013...