3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

'13 Crew w/ Nerf Bars, Splash Guards and Mirror Covers Installed

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 12:22 PM
Crew Member
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '13 Crew w/ Nerf Bars, Splash Guards and Mirror Covers Installed

Finally finished installing all 3 myself. See pics below.

I love the splashes of chrome on the black; the stock grille surround and lower front strip, lower side door molding, door handles and roof rack side rails, and now the nerf bars and mirror covers.

The nerf bars were $180 from truckchamp.com. Quality seems good especially relative to the price and they fit perfectly into the existing holes along the pinch welds. Nice and sturdy when installed. The plastic step pads are hard and a little chintzy; hopefully they don't crack after repeated use. I don't like are the 3 nuts along the bottom of the bars that you can see from the side. I may plasti-coat those black or something to make them less noticeable. And the radius of the brackets is smaller than the radius of the bars themselves so the fit isn't great, but luckily that's hidden from view.

I didn't like the pics of body-matched painted splash guards posted by others, but the standard Mopar black plastic ones go pretty much unnoticed and blend perfectly with the Crew trim's plastic wheel well trim.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:44 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Nice Job , Nice neat install work
STEVE

Old 09-05-2013, 02:06 AM
mrsims65
Rookie

Nice...I ordered the Chrome door handles they should be here by Friday, Sept 6...I'll post a pic once they are installed

Old 09-05-2013, 08:48 AM
WannaV-8
Veteran

Those bars will hold up well and they match the chrome strip nicely. Same company makes them for the Ridgeline and they held up fine on my wife's 07. Just put a new set on her 2013 RL. Black does show chrome well-I'm thinking of ditching my stock R/T wheels for some chrome spokers......and that will be the only chrome on the car. Thinking of de-badging the chrome emblems. Like the flaps, ha ha.....I have company!

Old 09-05-2013, 12:56 PM
SLAINTE06
All Star

Nice job man, and what really brings it altogether, is that beautiful color surronding them, but I wont dwell on the awesome color or the whiteys will be on my tail.

Old 09-05-2013, 01:06 PM
BadBenz94
Veteran

Originally Posted by mrsims65
Nice...I ordered the Chrome door handles they should be here by Friday, Sept 6...I'll post a pic once they are installed

Where did you order them from? Looking at those(call the Dodge dealer and they are 110 or so for each door handle) and the chrome side mirror covers to bring it all together as well(too much color in between the lower chrome and the roof racks). Color on mine is the Pearl Red...would have loved a more monochrome look but it is what it is, so need to make do with what I have..

Old 09-05-2013, 01:28 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Originally Posted by SLAINTE06
Nice job man, and what really brings it altogether, is that beautiful color surronding them, but I wont dwell on the awesome color or the whiteys will be on my tail.
NOTICE I stated that it was nicely done LOOONG before you his so call Bretheren.
Silly Irishman Black D's are for Kids!
STEVE

Old 09-05-2013, 03:36 PM
WannaV-8
Veteran

........Once you go black, ha ha ha.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:45 AM
Crew Member
Professional

Originally Posted by BadBenz94
Where did you order them from? Looking at those(call the Dodge dealer and they are 110 or so for each door handle) and the chrome side mirror covers to bring it all together as well(too much color in between the lower chrome and the roof racks). Color on mine is the Pearl Red...would have loved a more monochrome look but it is what it is, so need to make do with what I have..
I got the chrome mirror covers from:

http://www.krameraccessories.com/p-1...me-accessories

It's strange that the car came with chrome door handles but not side mirrors.

Old 09-06-2013, 09:29 AM
mrsims65
Rookie

Originally Posted by BadBenz94
I ordered the Chrome Door handle Covers.

http://chromeautoworld.com/index.php...rs-4-dr-2.html

Quick Reply: '13 Crew w/ Nerf Bars, Splash Guards and Mirror Covers Installed