3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Water in the cargo area

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 10:31 AM
JJEH
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Water in the cargo area

Just wanted to let you know that we have water in the cargo are after it rains. The headliner is soaking wet.

We have an appointment this Thursday. After that I'll let you know what the problem was. I can imagine what it is, but not for sure.

Anyone else has this issue?

Old 10-15-2013, 10:41 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Rear Cargo Area???
I had this issue on my 01 D and it turned out to be teh side window that was glued in was not completely sealed
STEVE

Old 10-15-2013, 11:21 AM
JJEH
Rookie

Originally Posted by FSTDANGO3
Rear Cargo Area???
I had this issue on my 01 D and it turned out to be teh side window that was glued in was not completely sealed
STEVE
Yeah, it's crazy. After a hefty rain there's a lake in the cargo area. Glad we got the HuskyLiners.

I thinks it's where the cables from the tailgate go into the body. There's a rubber thing that's not quite right in its position. I think the water comes through there and exits right in the middle if the rear window between the headliners and plastic cover.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:32 AM
pjw1967
Veteran

I'll believe anything about water ingress. I have never had a vehicle that drips water from all sorts of places well after leaving the car wash like the D. Lift the tailgate up in the rain and you get just as wet under it because of all the goofy places where runoff goes. Sheesh...

Quick Reply: Water in the cargo area