3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Thule Roof Rack on Durango R/T

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 02:57 PM
fishandgrits
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently got a $50 hitch cargo carrier from Harbour Freight. Works perfect! 500lb capacity, powedercoated, steel. A great alternative. I personally don't use the 3rd row very often so the extended cargo space inside is plenty of room for luggage.

I am using it for hauling my cooler and some hunting supplies as I was not a fan of putting a quartered hog or deer in my cooler in the back of the Durango. lol

Old 11-02-2013, 09:31 AM
JRRF
Captain

I don't know how you use the roof rack for much. I'm 6-2 and I can't get anything taller than a few pieces of lumber without a step stool. I plan on getting a hitch mount for bicycles.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:39 AM
Jttx4

Originally Posted by Red Rhino
I might have found an alternate solution for the R/T if you live in California, Washington, or Utah. Rack N Road (locations on their website) has a solution where they install their own custom tracks on your vehicle that are compatible with Thule and Yakima racks. Then you buy the cross bars you like and install them on the tracks. You can move the cross bars back on the vehicle to the location where the stock cross bars ride. Their website specifically calls out the new Durangos and Grand Cherokees for this application. Anyone have pictures of this installation?
I just had a custom rack installed by Rack N Road in Costa Mesa, CA. It came out pretty nice, it was a little pricey at $836.00 but i think it will be worth it in the long run.

Last edited by Jttx4; 01-31-2014 at 01:08 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:50 PM
Red Rhino
Amateur

Jttx4, just saw the pictures you posted on the other thread. That installation looks awesome! Thanks for letting me know.

Quick Reply: Thule Roof Rack on Durango R/T