3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Hi everyone! Brand new '14 V8 Citadel owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 11:20 PM
lhymes
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi everyone! Brand new '14 V8 Citadel owner

Just got a brand new 2014 Citadel in white today. Has everything but the rear entertainment system. Absolutely love the vehicle. My last ride was a fully-loaded 2012 Explorer Limited. I absolutely loved the Explorer, but I felt like I was getting much more vehicle for the money this time around. Really enjoying everything about the Durango so far. The funny thing is how similar a lot of it feels compared to the Explorer, but the transmission is buttery smooth and the ride quality is much better (quieter interior and much better suspension). Obviously bumping up to the HEMI is night-and-day where torque and power acceleration is concerned. Got it in white and the dealer had installed chrome running boards. My first project will be wiring the radar detector up to the mirror harness this week. Looking forward to being a regular here.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:39 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats and welcome...any pics???

Old 11-10-2013, 04:21 PM
lhymes

Here it is!:

Last edited by lhymes; 11-12-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:46 PM
WannaV-8
Veteran

Looks great in white. Congrats. Love the wheels and the shark fin antenna. You didn't keep your Explorer very long. Eco-boost? Please show how you hard wire your detector. This is the first vehicle I've owned that hasn't got an interior fuse box. Not thrilled about wiring through the firewall.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:07 PM
detailsbyfrank
Professional

Instead of going through the troubles of wiring through the firewall, I used a 4 port cigarette lighter adapter ran behind the dash using the cigarette lighter on the left side of the center console.

I use it to power my detector, camera, and cell phone plugs with one open at all times for any future toy's. Works great. I do this in every vehicle I own.

Also, congrats on the new Durango! Welcome to the fun. Get your old lady's wallet out your gonna need it around here...lol

Amazon.com: EZOPower 4-Port Car Cigarette Lighter Socket & USB Port 1A + Car Charger for iPod iPhone: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: EZOPower 4-Port Car Cigarette Lighter Socket & USB Port 1A + Car Charger for iPod iPhone: Cell Phones & Accessories

Last edited by detailsbyfrank; 11-10-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:31 PM
lhymes

Originally Posted by WannaV-8
Looks great in white. Congrats. Love the wheels and the shark fin antenna. You didn't keep your Explorer very long. Eco-boost? Please show how you hard wire your detector. This is the first vehicle I've owned that hasn't got an interior fuse box. Not thrilled about wiring through the firewall.
I'm going to tap into the power that runs to the mirror. Did it in the Explorer also. I put tons of miles on my cars and got a high mileage lease thinking I was gonna be fine (kinda got coaxed into it by a not-really-a-friend friend that was the finance manager at my Ford dealership). Rather than go way over mileage and pay out the nose, I just ended the lease a few months early and got into something that I plan on keeping for the long haul (no pun intended). My Ex wasn't Eco-boost. The 6 cylinder actually drove really well and got decent gas mileage, but at the end of the day, I wasn't super happy with the quality of the trim materials in the Ford and it was very expensive to tack on adaptive cruise control on their 2014s. Also, I feel the new exterior changes on the 2014 Durango make it a real head-turner that stands out on the road, while the 8 speed transmission really bring drive quality to a whole other level.

Last edited by lhymes; 11-10-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:27 PM
Fullslp
Captain

Looks sharp bro..

Old 11-10-2013, 10:28 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great!

Old 11-11-2013, 08:51 PM
wildspeed
Professional

Originally Posted by lhymes
I'm going to tap into the power that runs to the mirror. Did it in the Explorer also. I put tons of miles on my cars and got a high mileage lease thinking I was gonna be fine (kinda got coaxed into it by a not-really-a-friend friend that was the finance manager at my Ford dealership). Rather than go way over mileage and pay out the nose, I just ended the lease a few months early and got into something that I plan on keeping for the long haul (no pun intended). My Ex wasn't Eco-boost. The 6 cylinder actually drove really well and got decent gas mileage, but at the end of the day, I wasn't super happy with the quality of the trim materials in the Ford and it was very expensive to tack on adaptive cruise control on their 2014s. Also, I feel the new exterior changes on the 2014 Durango make it a real head-turner that stands out on the road, while the 8 speed transmission really bring drive quality to a whole other level.

Just curious, How will you secure the radar detector ?

Old 11-11-2013, 09:02 PM
lhymes

Originally Posted by wildspeed
Just curious, How will you secure the radar detector ?
I use a Blendmount. They're a little pricey, but honestly totally worth it. When installed, the detector is essentially in the perfect location: centered right under the mirror with front and back line-of-sight for laser.

Last edited by lhymes; 11-11-2013 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Typos cause the damn ad was stuck in front of my typing

Quick Reply: Hi everyone! Brand new '14 V8 Citadel owner