3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Anyone with Black New Style SRT8 Reps?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 02:18 PM
FrankADavisJr
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone with Black New Style SRT8 Reps?

Guys -

Anyone out there running the new style Jeep SRT8 wheel in black on their Durango? I've got a 2012 in Mineral Gray and am going back and forth on what to pull the trigger on in the spring.

Torn between the 22" Viper Rep in black, or the new style 20" SRT8 Rep in black. There are obvious pros and cons to each. I've searched this forum and Google in general and have yet to see a 2011+ DD running black SRT8 wheels.

Also, anyone yet to find lowering springs? If I go with the 20's I would love to drop her an inch or so all the way around.

Thanks as always for your help and happy holidays!

Frank

Old 12-08-2013, 04:06 PM
MJNewman
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No springs are currently being made for the Durango. That's why mine is bagged now.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:19 PM
50 SHADES OF MINERAL GRAY
Rookie

Originally Posted by FrankADavisJr
Guys -

Anyone out there running the new style Jeep SRT8 wheel in black on their Durango? I've got a 2012 in Mineral Gray and am going back and forth on what to pull the trigger on in the spring.

Torn between the 22" Viper Rep in black, or the new style 20" SRT8 Rep in black. There are obvious pros and cons to each. I've searched this forum and Google in general and have yet to see a 2011+ DD running black SRT8 wheels.

Also, anyone yet to find lowering springs? If I go with the 20's I would love to drop her an inch or so all the way around.

Thanks as always for your help and happy holidays!

Frank
really wanted to go with Black but came across some Carbon Hyper Silver SRT 8 Reps and I absolutely love them. I also have Mineral Gray and I think they contrast perfect!

Old 12-08-2013, 10:18 PM
fishandgrits
Veteran

I think both are lame. Be original, do something different.
Just my 0.02.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:58 AM
rvarner
Professional

Originally Posted by fishandgrits
I think both are lame. Be original, do something different.
Just my 0.02.
Ah, good ol fish bashing everyone. Come on man, a lot of guys on this site are running both of those wheels and you have to say how lame they are.

All you had to say was be original and find something all your own.

Anyway, I was back and forth between the gloss black and the Carbon Hyper Silver SRT8s and I think they would both look great on the Mineral Grey. I had the blacktop wheels so I saw how black wheels would look so I wanted to go with something that came closer to matching the color of my truck. I also know how hard gloss black wheels are to keep clean and they tend to get little scratches in them that would drive me nuts!

Either one would look great or you can always "be original"!

Old 12-09-2013, 09:06 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

All I know is I was the first to get them...LOL
Now I am trying to figure out a way to make mine unique
STEVE

Old 12-09-2013, 11:16 AM
SLAINTE06
All Star

Lol nice reply Steve. I would have went for a different wheel, but the reps were at a price point that fit my budget and I still love em today. Only negative I have, is they are dam pita to clean when dirty. But hey so is the truck for that matter. Yeah fish man, ease up on the comments, unless you have some pics you want to share on yours that are far better??

Old 12-09-2013, 03:17 PM
fishandgrits
Veteran

Not bashing at all and if that is the perception then I apologize as that is not my intention. Srt reps are about as popular as stock rims in the mopar world. My intentions were to ask "why not be original"'?
The original poster says he is going back and forth about it so.....why get either of them? lol

Please don't be offended if I think they are lame, it's just my opinion. If srt reps float your boat than sweet! Glad you like them!

Old 12-09-2013, 03:33 PM
fishandgrits
Veteran

Originally Posted by SLAINTE06
Yeah fish man, ease up on the comments, unless you have some pics you want to share on yours that are far better??
With the Durango I am taking a different approach as I spent a lot of time and money on modding my Charger R/T.

Let me steal a line from Jay-Z "Young enough to know the right car to buy yet grown enough not to put rims on it". - 30's the new 20

If you want pics of a "far better" rim than repos than take some pics of a stock wheel. Again, just my opinion. Our definitions of "far better" may be different.

Last edited by fishandgrits; 12-09-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:16 PM
Gqjeff
Veteran

Fish, you must not have really looked into any other 22" wheels for your D. If you did you would realize there is not a bunch out there and most the ones they show r really not there either. There r 3 different wheels in 22" i have tried to buy and guess what they r not avail. no idea when they will be again or have been discontinued. Its hard to be original when there is not much original out there. I tried buying planks u name it and its pretty much a no go.

Quick Reply: Anyone with Black New Style SRT8 Reps?