3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

New harness from Idatalink Maestro is now available to swap to a Kenwood

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 09:14 AM
Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New harness from Idatalink Maestro is now available to swap to a Kenwood

Just an FYI Guys

I am going to be putting maybe a new DNN990 in my Durango as soon as I get these harness kits in from Idatalink. I might hold off for the replacement to the 990 but either way we have replacement kits available for you guys to swap to a new Kenwood

Here is some of the info

Name:  maestro1.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  372.1 KB

Attached Thumbnails New harness from Idatalink Maestro is now available to swap to a Kenwood-maestro2.jpg  
Old 01-01-2014, 01:32 PM
ufokillerz
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i beta tested the maestro for my ford expedition last year. the idatalink guys are awesome, and they work on fixes real quick for any issues. They had me run some tests for them to nail out some bugs, but a day later, they would give me a new firmware.

Old 01-01-2014, 02:33 PM
Double D Mods
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ufokillerz
i beta tested the maestro for my ford expedition last year. the idatalink guys are awesome, and they work on fixes real quick for any issues. They had me run some tests for them to nail out some bugs, but a day later, they would give me a new firmware.
Did you work with MArk Rutledge?
He is who I have been working with on a couple other projects

Old 01-01-2014, 03:31 PM
ufokillerz
Veteran

Originally Posted by Double D Mods
Did you work with MArk Rutledge?
He is who I have been working with on a couple other projects
big thumbs up to Mark! They make a great product over at idatalink.

Old 01-01-2014, 03:39 PM
detailsbyfrank
Professional

Is this another radio thing like the MyGig? I am totally lost on his. Please give a little info if you do not mind.

Thanks.

Old 01-01-2014, 03:50 PM
Double D Mods
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by detailsbyfrank
Is this another radio thing like the MyGig? I am totally lost on his. Please give a little info if you do not mind.

Thanks.
No
This harness will allow you to swap out a stock radio for a new Kenwood double din radio and retain all your stock features.
this will give you an idea of what it is designed to do

Old 01-02-2014, 10:14 AM
detailsbyfrank
Professional

Thank you.

This look's really neat! So, now I will need this a new head unit and the my gig and should have full control over my vehicle's entertainment and navigational needs. We have not even talked amps, speakers, subs or TV's.

Man I need a job.....lol

Old 01-02-2014, 11:17 AM
rvarner
Professional

A double din won't fit in the stock radio opening though right? I thought the 730/430 radios were a little smaller than an aftermarket double din.
When I first got my Durango I looked on Crutchfield to see what replacement radios I would have access to and they said nothing fit...

Old 01-02-2014, 06:23 PM
firefox7518
Rookie

What's wrong with the PAC Harness? I'm using it for my Pioneer Radio in the D and all the steering wheel buttons are working?!? Is there something magical special with this harness? With the PAC harness I also could include the rear cam etc. If you know how to rewire the mic you could use that too but I just went with the one provided by pioneer and the voice quality was way better than with the stock mic in the mirror... odd...

No, the OEM radio is wider than a normal 2" radio. You have to use adapters so that you can mount a normal radio. It's working well but of course not looking that nice like an OEM radio fitted in there....

Last edited by firefox7518; 01-02-2014 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:04 PM
Double D Mods
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by firefox7518
What's wrong with the PAC Harness? I'm using it for my Pioneer Radio in the D and all the steering wheel buttons are working?!? Is there something magical special with this harness? With the PAC harness I also could include the rear cam etc. If you know how to rewire the mic you could use that too but I just went with the one provided by pioneer and the voice quality was way better than with the stock mic in the mirror... odd...

No, the OEM radio is wider than a normal 2" radio. You have to use adapters so that you can mount a normal radio. It's working well but of course not looking that nice like an OEM radio fitted in there....

nothing wrong with the RP4CH11 from PAC. The Maestro just gives more options to retain more stock items and is a very nice unit to use.

Quick Reply: New harness from Idatalink Maestro is now available to swap to a Kenwood