3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Am I the first to change from 2011 to 2014?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 04:51 PM
Orin500XL
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Leman
I probably will go for a dark leather this time, the beige I had was very nice and makes the interior "brighter", but my passengers are really sloppy and am cleaning them all the time....
Wouldn't it be cheaper to get new friends?

Old 01-24-2014, 04:53 PM
fishandgrits
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If they are "real friends" they are priceless

Old 01-24-2014, 09:48 PM
mcfarl58
Veteran

Originally Posted by Jbry311
Second this. My '14 R/T has everything I could ever want or need.
Same here. And I love the styling of the RT

Old 01-25-2014, 06:36 AM
Leman
Rookie

Originally Posted by Wash Man
The R/T has the heated steering wheel, rain sensing wipers, and auto bright headlights as well as the ventilated seats/. The only thing you can't have is the roof rack.
I went and took a look yesterday and indeed the levels of options are the same, except for the roof rack. I was blown away by the noise the R/T makes! nearly as loud as my 2008 Corvette Z06 (nearly) and the dash gauges and centre screen are absolutely brilliant.

I tried to find a Red Citadel with media pack, but all we can "get" at a reasonable price is a White Citadel, with no media pack, but with EU navigation. Still looks very sharp though. As we are in Europe, the garage buys in "bulk" to get close to the US sticker price, and I mean bulk! So we take what is in stock...So should be picking up the new 2014 Citadel on March the 15th, time to sell my 2011.

As for sloppy friends... one of them is an Australian Shepard dog... damn thing just loves mud, the others are the "horse jumping" people, namely daughter and friends. Better training needed all round I think :-)

So now I am looking for a cargo liner, which covers the backs of the 2nd row seats and both sides... only thing found so far is the Highlander products or CanvasBack.

Last edited by Leman; 01-25-2014 at 06:42 AM.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:50 AM
Wash Man
All Star

Originally Posted by Leman
I went and took a look yesterday and indeed the levels of options are the same, except for the roof rack. I was blown away by the noise the R/T makes! nearly as loud as my 2008 Corvette Z06 (nearly) and the dash gauges and centre screen are absolutely brilliant. I tried to find a Red Citadel with media pack, but all we can "get" at a reasonable price is a White Citadel, with no media pack, but with EU navigation. Still looks very sharp though. As we are in Europe, the garage buys in "bulk" to get close to the US sticker price, and I mean bulk! So we take what is in stock...So should be picking up the new 2014 Citadel on March the 15th, time to sell my 2011. As for sloppy friends... one of them is an Australian Shepard dog... damn thing just loves mud, the others are the "horse jumping" people, namely daughter and friends. Better training needed all round I think :-) So now I am looking for a cargo liner, which covers the backs of the 2nd row seats and both sides... only thing found so far is the Highlander products or CanvasBack.
Weather tech

Old 01-26-2014, 03:12 PM
SUNBURNTsnype
Professional

I have '12 R/T and love it, though from the beginning I had heard the rumors of the 8 speed and really wanted to wait it out for that due to a few better MPGs and smoother/faster shifting, but life circumstances necessitated that we needed the bigger vehicle(upgraded from a 07 cts) at tht time and couldnt wait another few years. though i do love my '12, i get jealous when i see a '14 around town. I would love to trade up, but i just dont want to take the loss on the trade. i figure ill hold onto mine until 15 or 16 and try and get a good deal on previous year model a theyre clearing out inventory for the next years model.

Old 01-26-2014, 06:38 PM
WannaV-8
Veteran

^ I'm with you on that although I am not feeling jealousy. I knew what the 14's would have as I bought at the end of 2013. Digging the car, but will renew around 2015 or 2016 depending on whether or not Dodge decides to kill the Durango. By then all the bugs should be sorted out.

Old 01-26-2014, 07:55 PM
SUNBURNTsnype
Professional

Yeah i agree with you about the first model year bugs as well. A '15 would definitely be preferable to a '14. Who knows...maybe theyll even decide to try and do some type of special edition prior to killing it off, like a Mopar, Bumble Bee, Ecodiesel or Scat Pak edition...or while Im dreaming...an SRT... as much as every says it'll never happen. Either way Om just gonna bide my time and see what they do with D the next few years.

On another note, I have a question for all you guys that traded up your '11-13' D's: How much did you guys get for a trade in value on your old Durangos versus what KBB says it was worth, and what was the MSRP of it when it was new and how many miles were on it when you traded it in? Im just curious what they are worth after a year or two and what the dealers give you for it? I should take mine over to Carmax and just see what they quote me for mine.

Thanks.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:28 PM
Pdwelch2000
Rookie

Originally Posted by SUNBURNTsnype
Yeah i agree with you about the first model year bugs as well. A '15 would definitely be preferable to a '14. Who knows...maybe theyll even decide to try and do some type of special edition prior to killing it off, like a Mopar, Bumble Bee, Ecodiesel or Scat Pak edition...or while Im dreaming...an SRT... as much as every says it'll never happen. Either way Om just gonna bide my time and see what they do with D the next few years.

On another note, I have a question for all you guys that traded up your '11-13' D's: How much did you guys get for a trade in value on your old Durangos versus what KBB says it was worth, and what was the MSRP of it when it was new and how many miles were on it when you traded it in? Im just curious what they are worth after a year or two and what the dealers give you for it? I should take mine over to Carmax and just see what they quote me for mine.

Thanks.
2013 Citadel with Hemi. $51K sticker. Paid $44,300 for it 12/31/12. Traded Late Nov 2013 for $33.5K. 19,000 miles.

Old 01-27-2014, 05:43 AM
mancill4

I have a '14 on order following my assignment overseas. I will take delivery in July when we return stateside. I also wanted the roof rack which meant that I had to forego the R/T. I ended up ordering a limited with the hemi and a few add ons like AWD, Towing Group, and Premium Group. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Quick Reply: Am I the first to change from 2011 to 2014?