3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Am I the first to change from 2011 to 2014?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 12:28 PM
Leman
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I the first to change from 2011 to 2014?

As I was an early adopter of the Durango (2011), I am off tomorrow to order a new one! A 2014 Citadel, or maybe R/T not sure yet.

The R/T is missing some stuff I need, like a roof rack and some absolutely unnecessary pampering gear like heated steering wheel (I think) and cooled front front seats (essential as the car gets parked at horse shows when it gets very hot in there.)

I probably will go for a dark leather this time, the beige I had was very nice and makes the interior "brighter", but my passengers are really sloppy and am cleaning them all the time....

I was wondering if I was the first to change "up"? If not, why have you or will change up?

Old 01-23-2014, 12:58 PM
CPW1265
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Leman
As I was an early adopter of the Durango (2011), I am off tomorrow to order a new one! A 2014 Citadel, or maybe R/T not sure yet.

The R/T is missing some stuff I need, like a roof rack and some absolutely unnecessary pampering gear like heated steering wheel (I think) and cooled front front seats (essential as the car gets parked at horse shows when it gets very hot in there.)

I probably will go for a dark leather this time, the beige I had was very nice and makes the interior "brighter", but my passengers are really sloppy and am cleaning them all the time....

I was wondering if I was the first to change "up"? If not, why have you or will change up?
I had an 11 Crew i got April 11 and then i picked up a 14 Limited in Oct 13. the lease was up so i had to get a new one. I like the 14 better. They upgraded a few things and included more in the packages. I leased this one too but I think that ill be keeping this one after the lease is up. I love it

Old 01-23-2014, 02:18 PM
Leman
Rookie

Originally Posted by CPW1265
I had an 11 Crew i got April 11 and then i picked up a 14 Limited in Oct 13. the lease was up so i had to get a new one. I like the 14 better. They upgraded a few things and included more in the packages. I leased this one too but I think that ill be keeping this one after the lease is up. I love it
Similar thing with, plus a work change. It seems the upgrades are worthwhile. Shame there is no diesel though, gas in Europe is very expensive!

I have had no issues with my 2011, changed the trunk gas strut, an HID, and rear lights. All seemed to go at the 30 month period which is odd.

Apart from that, weekend horse shows with two and sometimes three 460 KG horses with horse boxes ranging from 1200KGS to 1600KGS has never been a problem even on 16% grades even with 7 people in it. I am seriously impressed with this vehicle, the reason I want another.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:16 PM
hls811
Rookie

I went from a 12' to a '13.. Does that count?

I LOVED my '12, put 47,000 miles on it in the 2 years I had it (Dec 11-Dec 13). I found nearly the same exact Durango locally and it had the middle bucket seats which I always wanted so I traded it in (and thanks to end of year rebates ended up saving $7.00 per month on my payments!)

Old 01-23-2014, 03:47 PM
kell4life
Rookie

The premium napa leather package gives you ventilated front seats in the RT.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:29 PM
Wash Man
All Star

Originally Posted by kell4life
The premium napa leather package gives you ventilated front seats in the RT.
This and Adaptive Cruise are two things I'm sure I will never be able to live without in the future....

Old 01-23-2014, 06:31 PM
Wash Man
All Star

As I was an early adopter of the Durango (2011), I am off tomorrow to order a new one! A 2014 Citadel, or maybe R/T not sure yet. The R/T is missing some stuff I need, like a roof rack and some absolutely unnecessary pampering gear like heated steering wheel (I think) and cooled front front seats (essential as the car gets parked at horse shows when it gets very hot in there.) I probably will go for a dark leather this time, the beige I had was very nice and makes the interior "brighter", but my passengers are really sloppy and am cleaning them all the time.... I was wondering if I was the first to change "up"? If not, why have you or will change up?
The R/T has the heated steering wheel, rain sensing wipers, and auto bright headlights as well as the ventilated seats/. The only thing you can't have is the roof rack.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:13 PM
WannaV-8
Veteran

…... A 2014 Citadel, or maybe R/T not sure yet.

You can get the Nappa Leather Group in the R/T which gets you the dual cooled and heated seats. Also I do have the heated steering wheel. Mine is a 2013, so you should be able to get the same….minus the roof rack.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:33 PM
Jbry311
Rookie

Originally Posted by Wash Man
The R/T has the heated steering wheel, rain sensing wipers, and auto bright headlights as well as the ventilated seats/. The only thing you can't have is the roof rack.
Second this. My '14 R/T has everything I could ever want or need.

Old 01-24-2014, 03:55 PM
Pdwelch2000
Rookie

Went from a 13 to a 14. Love it. No comparison.

Quick Reply: Am I the first to change from 2011 to 2014?