CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good!

Old 03-20-2014, 11:08 AM
salrt
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good but lack of a heat shield would bother me personally. I like the AirAid on my truck. Unfortunately it uses the stock tube. Might look into a different inlet tube, but like the set-up of the AirAid other than that...

Old 03-20-2014, 05:20 PM
Gqjeff
Veteran

The heat shield does absolutetly nothing when the truck is moving. Also might be going CF ram air hood and it feeds direct. Also the original port feeds direct towards the filter.

Old 03-20-2014, 05:24 PM
Gqjeff
Veteran

Originally Posted by Wash Man
Now that you've had it on for awhile. Are you still happy with it? Did they ever respond to your installation issues? Do you still feel the mpg are improved?

Thanks
Still loving it and seems to be a little better gas mileage. This winter has been so brutal I need a little better weather to really make my decision though. The intake looks Great though def the best one out there in my eyes. Also no he never did respond back.. Def a bummer as I never asked for anything in return just was telling him about the fitting flaws. He used another company for my red sleeve and looking at some other pics it seems its a little shorter. I think that's the reason there may have been an issue though.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:40 AM
fishandgrits
Veteran

Originally Posted by Gqjeff
The heat shield does absolutetly nothing when the truck is moving. Also might be going CF ram air hood and it feeds direct. Also the original port feeds direct towards the filter.
A heat shield has a couple of purposes and I won't get into the debate of a heat shield or no heat shield, everyone seems to have an opinion on it (mostly with no facts to back it up).

I like that it gives the filter it's own area/bay so the install looks clean, it helps keep the filter cleaner by reducing exposure to the elements, and (in some cases) can contain cooler air.

This is why I chose the AFE set up. I did a powder test and was surprised how well it seals with the hood, AND it utilizes the factory snorkel to feed cooler air. At the end of the day though, results from just an intake are minimal at best (gain or loss), but hey, they sound good and go great with additional bolt on's!

I hope you get many good years of enjoyment out of your new intake, it looks sweet!

Quick Reply: Legmaker CAI installed.