3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2011 durango electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 01:12 PM
Bluedrew04
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 durango electrical problems

Bought a 2011 Durango and now has 75K. A couple of months ago I started having issues with my radio. I would turn it on and 5, 10, 15 mins later it would go out and I would hear this popping sound. It would happen with my CD player as well. Now today my battery light came on. Not sure what's going on. Does anybody have any suggestions??

Old 02-18-2014, 04:08 PM
hellomoto_25
Veteran

Yeah, take it in.

You could cause more problems by digging around yourself.

Hope you did the MVP extended warranty to make it easier on the wallet.

Old 02-20-2014, 11:19 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluedrew04
Bought a 2011 Durango and now has 75K. A couple of months ago I started having issues with my radio. I would turn it on and 5, 10, 15 mins later it would go out and I would hear this popping sound. It would happen with my CD player as well. Now today my battery light came on. Not sure what's going on. Does anybody have any suggestions??
Bluedrew04,

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty with your radio. In this case I would recommend having a diagnosis completed. Due to the intermittent nature of the issue, the cause could be a loose connection or plug. If you visit a dealer, it would be beneficial to demonstrate the concern. The dealers ability to duplicate the issue will help the diagnosis process and locate the root cause. Be sure to speak with the Service Manager.

In regards to the battery light, I have attached a page from the 2011 Dodge Durango User Guide for reference. The Charging System Light indicates the status of the electrical charging system. It is recommended the vehicle is serviced if the light remains on.

Take Care,

Last edited by DodgeCACares; 04-09-2014 at 09:17 AM.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:45 AM
Bluedrew04

[QUOTE=DodgeCACares;3136731]Bluedrew04,

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty with your radio. In this case I would recommend having a diagnosis completed. Due to the intermittent nature of the issue, the cause could be a loose connection or plug. If you visit a dealer, it would be beneficial to demonstrate the concern. The dealers ability to duplicate the issue will help the diagnosis process and locate the root cause. Be sure to speak with the Service Manager.

In regards to the battery light, I have attached a page from the 2011 Dodge Durango User Guide for reference. The Charging System Light indicates the status of the electrical charging system. It is recommended the vehicle is serviced if the light remains on.

Take Care,[/QUOTE

My durango actually died on me the other night while I was on an on ramp. I was blocking traffics for an hour. Had to get it towed to the dealership. At first they said it was just the alternator. Then they called me back saying the PCM was bad too. Currently getting a rental car. Luckily it was covered under my extended warranty.

Old 02-21-2014, 11:11 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluedrew04

My durango actually died on me the other night while I was on an on ramp. I was blocking traffics for an hour. Had to get it towed to the dealership. At first they said it was just the alternator. Then they called me back saying the PCM was bad too. Currently getting a rental car. Luckily it was covered under my extended warranty.
Bluedrew04,

I am glad to hear your dealer was able to pinpoint the cause for your radio and battery light concern. A failed alternator can put additional stress on the vehicle's battery. Your Service Contract has additional benefits such as a rental vehicle, if a defect is found and must be kept for an extended period of time. I'm happy to hear the process is underway. Thanks for the updates!

When your Durango is returned, keep us posted on the results if you can.

Quick Reply: 2011 durango electrical problems