3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Black Ops aggressive lowering coils for the Durango!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 11:43 AM
Yesitsstock
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by budoboy1
Looks like camber issue in rear needs fixing, bad
Yep - I may be new to this Forum, but not new to modding ...
You might want to get a shop to check that out.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:07 PM
firefox7518
Rookie

It's just too low in the rear. I don't think the suspension can safely work with 7 Passengers and luggage in the car. It will even go deeper in the back with full load.
It's still a SUV and not a Magnum clone so I think it's ok to have it a little bit higher in the back. The front part looks ok.

However I hope you will not just use the springs and you also use some better shocks because that low, the stock shocks will surely not really like to work for a longer period of time. From all the cars we have done in the past when lowering them more than 2-2,5" the shocks were the weakest part on the car. I even have some modified KONI shocks in one of my car with shortened internals so that the shock will operate in normal range with a 4,5" drop. And my "racer" weights just above 1100kg and not 2600kg like the D.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:54 PM
redalty
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never said any of this was ready to go yet, just that it is in the works and will be available sooner than later. The rear is where we are making the adjustments. YES it is too low, YES it is out of alignment... NO this is not how it will be. We have a new set of coils in the rear being worked out as we speak and I will keep everyone posted as progress is made. If I was to guess, this will all be ready for purchase by early April. I will mention that the stock load leveling shocks need to be removed and swapped in favor of the non leveling. The load levelers have 4" total travel, the non have 5". I did not buy the new (different) upper mounts but I stead modified mine to allow more up travel. If you are considering towing heavy loads, or loading the vehicle down with 7 healthy adults, than lowering an already low suspension even more is not in your best interest. If you bought the Durango for its looks, occasional larger than child rear seating options , the ability to haul 2 weeks of groceries or because you couldn't afford its SRT8 brotheren than we might have a solution for your handling needs. I will keep everyone posted as details become available. Thanks.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:19 PM
14maxr/t
Rookie

I can't wait to see this kit done. And cost. I love the look of our R/T but it could be a little lower ( not slammed ) maybe 2 inches. It will set the R/T apart even more from the other models. Even with stock wheels, it will look awesome. In my opinion. Looking forward to updates.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:38 AM
SteelR/TAZ
Veteran

Again we applaud you ... we have been wanting something for a long time!

Old 02-25-2014, 12:35 PM
Scottina11heat
All Star

blackops sells 2 sets of springs...one moderate drop and one extreme. You see the extreme here. The moderate drops are 1.8" front and 1.8" rear. It will still give you a light rake...but as said above...you will need standard shocks over the load leveling. You can also use the Jeep SRT eibachs....they are 1" front and 1.25" rear or something like that. I have the jeep eibach and I got 1.25 and 1.5"

Old 02-25-2014, 01:43 PM
SS2RT
Captain

Originally Posted by redalty
If you bought the Durango for its looks, occasional larger than child rear seating options , the ability to haul 2 weeks of groceries or because you couldn't afford its SRT8 brotheren than we might have a solution for your handling needs. I will keep everyone posted as details become available. Thanks.
Thats more or less me !

Just make sure she's firm, at least about 2" lower than stock in the rear, and I can more comfortable and safely whip around sharp turns and better leverage my 22's and brembos and I'll be happy !!

Old 03-01-2014, 01:47 PM
redalty
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After working with Black Ops Auto Works we have developed an agressive lowering coil spring package that should be released to the public in the next 2-3 weeks. Total drop on the Durango RT was 1.25" in the front and 2.5 in the rear. I know the drop won't be for anyone but for those looking to do this, I know they will be thrilled. Ride quality is same as before and confident, not jarring. Will post more as I do some more testing and B.O.A.W. gets things ready for production.
Name:  20140301_125225.jpg
Views: 2997
Size:  147.8 KB

Old 03-02-2014, 10:53 PM
CJITTY
Amateur

Drop looks awesome

Old 03-02-2014, 11:29 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks sick!

Quick Reply: Black Ops aggressive lowering coils for the Durango!