3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

HVAC recirculate air will not stay ON!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 01:21 PM
ufokillerz
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HVAC recirculate air will not stay ON!

So i noticed this, everytime i am about to be in a underground tunnel, i hit the recirculate button, but by the end of the tunnel, i'm sucking in exhaust fumes because it turned itself off.

does anyone have this issue? i have the issue regardless of whether A/C is on. it seems to turn itself off after a few minutes. The feature itself does work, when it is recirculating, i do not smell the exhaust fumes in the car that i am following.

Old 02-23-2014, 01:50 PM
Wash Man
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ufokillerz
So i noticed this, everytime i am about to be in a underground tunnel, i hit the recirculate button, but by the end of the tunnel, i'm sucking in exhaust fumes because it turned itself off. does anyone have this issue? i have the issue regardless of whether A/C is on. it seems to turn itself off after a few minutes. The feature itself does work, when it is recirculating, i do not smell the exhaust fumes in the car that i am following.
It does it automatically if the vent is set on floor, defrost, or floor and dash vent. The only one it will stay on recirc is dash only. It's the way it is designed. Honda is the same.

Old 02-23-2014, 02:06 PM
ufokillerz
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wash Man
It does it automatically if the vent is set on floor, defrost, or floor and dash vent. The only one it will stay on recirc is dash only. It's the way it is designed. Honda is the same.
Thanks! going to give that a try later, getting sick of eating exhaust from trucks that should not pass inspections!

Quick Reply: HVAC recirculate air will not stay ON!