3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Front End Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 08:33 PM
JRRF
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front End Alignment

I've been having a hell of a time getting my truck to track straight again. After 30K miles it started pulling right. The stealer tried to align it 3 times and failed miserably -- what a waste of time and money they are!

I finally bought new tires to eliminate any possible tire pull, but the car still has a slight pull to the left. What was a really enjoyable ride had become unbearable, needing a constant tug on the wheel. I'm going to try an independent shop and see what they can do. They mentioned an aftermarket caster kit to help with the adjustment.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this alignment problem, and if anyone has installed this type of kit?

Thanks.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:04 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

We've had a similar experience. When we bought our Durango with 25k miles on it, the alignment was perfect. However, around 35k or so, the alignment started going out and it pulled to the left. After that point, I had it taken in to two different shops for alignments, and the second one was able to get it back tracking straight. However, it would go back out within a month or two (say, 2k miles). I know an alignment isn't guaranteed, and you need to get it re-aligned ever one and a while because of various reasons, but this is ridiculous.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:38 AM
JRRF
Captain

Nice to know I'm not alone. Would like to hear other chime in as well. I may try the caster kit, but only if I keep the car past the lease.

Old 10-22-2021, 11:07 AM
Altered Image

DD3 very tire sensitive. Some tires do not track, period.
Some tires track perfectly with same alignment.

cliff

Quick Reply: Front End Alignment