3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2015 Durango

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 04:09 PM
SlvrSnake
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Chrysler is missing the boat with JGC SRT. I just traded a 2005 Ram SRT10 on a Durango R/T. The reason, one it was time for new vehicle and two it was starting to get old and had issues over the years. Believe me I wanted another SRT. The only thing that would have come close to meet my family needs and be a Home Depot hauler if need be in SRT form was the JGC. So, that aside the only other options were another truck, or a Durango R/T because it offers some performance, looks, and sport suspension. Yet can tow and put crap in the back if needed.

The price on SRT JGC, 70K? No way, that is insane. They are super nice but in my opinion 10K to high in price. It's a Jeep, not a Mercedes or BMW. Stop trying to make believe it is and price it where normal people can buy one.

My Dad just bought one and it's awesome, but way out my price range.

Old 03-04-2014, 04:46 PM
Immo
Professional

Originally Posted by Fullslp
SRT has the goods on the 6.4. It's not being installed in
Anything that doesn't where the badge...

Not True. The Ram does have an option for the 6.4

http://blog.ramtrucks.com/tag/6-4l-hemi/

http://blog.ramtrucks.com/news/produ...ckshighoctane/

But I would be shocked to see a 6.4 in the Durango.

Old 03-04-2014, 04:55 PM
Immo
Professional

Originally Posted by Kensai
I am ready to turn in my 1st gen Durango R/T for a 3rd gen Durango R/T. But will be in 2015 before I can make the trade.

I read on some websites that rumors of the 6.4 hemi will be an available option on the 2015 model? I hope this is a confirmed rumor. I am not expecting a SRT version of the Durango, would be nice tho, but would not mind having a sleeper stock appearance with a monster 6.4 under the hood!

I am not a betting man, and I would bet $20.00 that we will not see the 6.4 in the 2015 Durango.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:38 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

I agree but you also thought the Mopar 14 was gonna be Black!
J/K Carry on No 6.4's in Durangos
STEVE

Old 03-06-2014, 08:18 PM
Fullslp
Captain

Originally Posted by Immo
Not True. The Ram does have an option for the 6.4

http://blog.ramtrucks.com/tag/6-4l-hemi/

http://blog.ramtrucks.com/news/produ...ckshighoctane/

But I would be shocked to see a 6.4 in the Durango.
I stand corrected Immo, although I was referring to the SRT VERSION that would actually make good power. The truck version is neutered.

Rated at 470 hp in SRT cars, but retuned to meet the needs of truck buyers, the new 6.4 liter gasoline engine produces 410 horsepower and 429 lb-ft of torque.

This version of the 6.4L HEMI was, according to a Ram engineer, designed from the ground up for trucks; it includes an active runner intake, for both low end torque and high end power. The power ratings are best in class. *It delivers the same torque as a key competitor, but at lower engine speeds.

I'm right there betting with you bro. It's not coming and I would honestly not be interested in a 6.4 that was detuned like that in a Durango. You would have to do a complete rebuild to get it back to SRT levels.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:23 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

The 6.4 is only 20 more HP than the 5.7 HEMI in the Rams...waste
Do a Cam swap in the 5.7 with the normal added goodies and you are well into 425+ hP and with the right cam Gobs of torque.
Its just a marketing move to make us wanna say they have the BIG HEMI
Whats funny is some of us were told of this 6.4 HEMI years ago at a plant tour in Delaware. Believe it or not that motor was being tested as far back as 2009
STEVE

Last edited by FSTDANGO3; 03-06-2014 at 08:25 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:35 PM
Immo
Professional

Originally Posted by Fullslp
I stand corrected Immo, although I was referring to the SRT VERSION that would actually make good power. The truck version is neutered.
I'm never right at home so I'll take whatever I can get.

Quick Reply: 2015 Durango