3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Caliper Upgrade on pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 07:59 AM
cjlucas78
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used the brush on paint, I also did this when the Durango was a only 2 days old so the calipers were still perfectly clean as well. I did not use a clear over the vinyl, just stuck it down when the paint was tacky to ensure it stuck really good and became part of the paint.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:47 AM
Easyryder01
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LCF....I wound up using VHT high heat paint which I think it's for like valve covers and headers. I shot everything with brake cleaner first and blew it all out clean then I removed the caliper hung it and taped off as much of everything I could with newspaper mostly. Shot it with the spray paint 2 coats letting it sticky dry in between. I had already went to the vinyl graphics place and had the logos made up and on the second sticky coat I placed the logos on let it all dry the shot it again with 2 coats of clear from VHT also and the truck sat overnight and I assembled the new rotors and pads and I've gotten compliments since. The letters have curled a slight bit to almost resemble like the letters were slightly engraved into the calipers. Pretty cool thing I must say so myself. I know that VHT is supposed to sell it also in brush cans to touch up. The dealership chipped a couple of them when they had re-blead my brake system when my recall brake booster failed before the recall took place. Other than that would I do it again yeah I would.

Quick Reply: Caliper Upgrade on pics