3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2012 daytime running lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 04:18 PM
Jon Woodbridge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 daytime running lights

I'm thinking of adding LED lights in the section of the lower grill that has a separate panel that I'll call the "brake cooling vent area". this removable trim piece will support an LED light strip. Does anyone have any information on using the "run relay" output or something similar for the power source?

Old 05-11-2014, 06:54 AM
jsawhite
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon Woodbridge
I'm thinking of adding LED lights in the section of the lower grill that has a separate panel that I'll call the "brake cooling vent area". this removable trim piece will support an LED light strip. Does anyone have any information on using the "run relay" output or something similar for the power source?
Search for 'DRL controller' on eBay or the like. They have several of them. Most will turn on automatically when the engine starts (some sense vibrations, others sense voltage increase, personally I like the latter). Some will dim with the head lights, dim the side with the turn signal, etc... It'll do what you need... Just keep in mind that a lot of them are from China, which isn't a problem, just will take a while to get to you...

Quick Reply: 2012 daytime running lights