3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

AC lines at 28K Kms?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 10:16 PM
harv1234
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC lines at 28K Kms?

AC quit on my 2013 at 28,000 kms. Brought it to the dealer and was told that the lines were rusted out and leaking???

Brought it back next day for repair @ 5 hours book time. After 11 hours, they told me "Whoever designed this did a terrible job. We need at least another day."

It was Friday so I got a horrible little Jeep rental (paid for by dealer) for the weekend. Truck was finished late Monday.

Now, 2 days later, I have a cycling, purring sound coming from the front with the AC on. Dealer tells me it's a fan issue. Dropping it back off next week.

Anyone had an AC issue this early on?

Old 05-29-2014, 03:22 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by harv1234
AC quit on my 2013 at 28,000 kms. Brought it to the dealer and was told that the lines were rusted out and leaking???

Brought it back next day for repair @ 5 hours book time. After 11 hours, they told me "Whoever designed this did a terrible job. We need at least another day."

It was Friday so I got a horrible little Jeep rental (paid for by dealer) for the weekend. Truck was finished late Monday.

Now, 2 days later, I have a cycling, purring sound coming from the front with the AC on. Dealer tells me it's a fan issue. Dropping it back off next week.

Anyone had an AC issue this early on?
harv1234,

I'm sorry to learn of the A/C issues you have been experiencing. Is the noise heard only when the A/C is first activated, or does the noise remain on?

Has your Durango been back to the dealer?

Quick Reply: AC lines at 28K Kms?