3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Driving On the Full Size spare help

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 10:55 AM
Fullslp
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pdwelch2000
I am more concerned about damaging the AWD system. A tire that is at 8/32 versus a new one at 10/32 will complete 4 more revolutions a mile. Hence will this screw up the AWD. And if so do I have to replace all 4 tires or just the front 2?

There is play in the system. This is not a "Locked" type of AWD. Its only the long term effects of driving when you have different diameter tires like front to rear. I get tire spin on my AWD all the time and remember up in the snow your tires are spinning at different speeds when the traction control system brakes one wheel at a time. Your all good.

Old 05-27-2014, 03:27 PM
Pdwelch2000
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. So here is the outcome. I took it to the Dodge dealer to fix. They recommended 1 tire. They were with in $20 of my tire store. This way if it screws up the tranny they did it. They measured the rears and said the diameters were close to the new one... As suggested by previous posts.

Thanks to all

Old 05-27-2014, 03:59 PM
Wash Man
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pdwelch2000
Ok. So here is the outcome. I took it to the Dodge dealer to fix. They recommended 1 tire. They were with in $20 of my tire store. This way if it screws up the tranny they did it. They measured the rears and said the diameters were close to the new one... As suggested by previous posts. Thanks to all
Tires on new vehicles typically have a dealer honored road hazard warranty.

Quick Reply: Driving On the Full Size spare help