3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Best Windshield Wipers

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 06:50 AM
coldsteel
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used the Bon Ami - just make sure you have lots of water and I used the back of a razor blade to clean the crud from my Bosch Icons.

I don't so much have issues with the cleanliness of the glass, but due to all the unpaved roads, all of my windshields become 'sandblasted' and there are millions of little impact marks that catch the sunlight and make visibility worse.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:15 AM
cwilliamt
Amateur

I've found the newish "Anco Winter Extreme" blades to work best for me in northern New England...the low profile ones...I use them year-round and they seem to last almost 12 months if not a full year before I get antsy and buy new ones. They are the ones with the red plastic tips if there is any confusion. As someone already mentioned, cleaning the rubber of the blades periodically with some sort of microfiber and rubbing alcohol "refreshes" the blades a bit when they do start streaking.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:59 AM
Sonocativo
Professional

windshields get imbedded dirt, grease and all those goodies, even when you wash and clean them its still there and it tears up the blades like dirty oil does to your cylinders.
The trick is to get some "0000" super fine steel wool... MAKE SURE ITS 0000, WITH THE (4) "0"s !!!!!!!!
Clean your windows with soap and water and use the steel wool and scrub it good til you don't feel any more drag, do not apply a lot of pressure, just let it glide but you will feel the difference when you start and when its actually clean as it will just glide without any drag. Finish washing the car as usual if that's what youre doing, if just doing the windows that's fine too... Then dry and use windex glass cleaner and buff. youre done.

You can also do the same thing to the inside of your windows and they wont fog up in the winters. Windows fog due to dirt and smoke build up that absorbs moisture.

Old 02-28-2017, 03:09 PM
pjw1967
Veteran

After paying $40.00+ for a pair of Mopar blades, I stopped in O'Reilly's to see if they had inserts. They did. Below is the photo of the Trico insert part nbrs along with the Mopar nbrs. Note the Trico's were made in Mexico, while the Mopar's were made in Japan. Wonder how the GOP will handle that?
Name:  20170228_195000822_iOS_zpsezdqphrj.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  191.7 KB

Quick Reply: Best Windshield Wipers