Old 12-09-2014, 01:51 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by coldsteel
Lost my head...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If anyone PMs me an email address, I will forward the the PDF from another person that performed this procedure.

The Star Case is here: http://www.verticalvisions.com/docum...1308000399.pdf

The relay is an HVAC blower relay; don't worry it is the correct part.

I find it awesome that they're on Amazon, but the dealers have to suck the teet to get one ordered!

What was the return address on the package when you got it? PM me if you need to. Thanks.

Last edited by TNtech; 12-09-2014 at 01:59 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:53 PM
coldsteel
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And THAT is exactly why I went the route I did and just did it myself. Do you know how much those relays are going to go up in price now that Chrysler needs 190,000 of them?

Old 12-10-2014, 11:21 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by coldsteel
And THAT is exactly why I went the route I did and just did it myself. Do you know how much those relays are going to go up in price now that Chrysler needs 190,000 of them?

A small bit of investigation revealed that there are some dealers around the country that have a dozen or more in stock. There are quite a few of them actually. All the while, there are cars sitting idle that can't get parts because they backordered them.

I totally get the notion that a good dealer might want to hold some ahead of time for their OWN customer base, but the idea of seeing a Dealership with an Amazon store selling them ticks me off. And selling them at wholesale to boot.

Glad you got yours though. I wonder if Chrysler will reimburse you for that kit cost? You got a little insight as to what warranty time is al about now, huh? Think they screw us? LOL

Last edited by TNtech; 12-10-2014 at 11:24 AM.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:32 AM
coldsteel
Captain

Originally Posted by TNtech

Glad you got yours though. I wonder if Chrysler will reimburse you for that kit cost? You got a little insight as to what warranty time is al about now, huh? Think they screw us? LOL
I doubt they'll reimburse me since I "didn't use an authorized service center" and they'll probably try to kill off my TIPM warranty to boot.

Without a doubt we the consumers, that drive their profits, get the shaft.

Old 12-24-2014, 11:23 AM
coldsteel
Captain

TIPM recall has been officially published:

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/rc_P5414.pdf

Old 12-24-2014, 03:59 PM
2011CrewLuxSC
Rookie

I received my 'Special Tracking' email yesterday that the parts are available. I confirmed my local Dodge dealer had some in stock and have an appointment friday morning to get the recall done.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:41 PM
HEMI-WAGON
Rookie
Default TIPM Failure....

BUMP! Cancelled my lift install and am heading to the dealer tomorrow to address my TIPM recall. No starts, and now as of the last week, all kinds of lights lit on the dash..ABS, service 4WD, service rear park assist, traction control off. AWD disengaged today in really bad road conditions and I nearly spun out. The service manager at my local Dodge dealer said they had a "wiring relay/workaround" to address the fuel pump, but acted completely oblivious to the reports of a completely faulty TIPM.

Has anyone else experienced all this as well?

See how it goes tomorrow, but after that conversation, I fear I might have a battle on my hands.

Old 02-05-2015, 08:36 AM
Claus Graf
Rookie
Default TIPM Failure

When my TIPM started acting up (2012 3.6L Durango @ 54K+ miles) it only affected the fuel pump. I got a new TIPM within a week.
Since the fuel relay is inside a circuit board, it may affect other car functions circuits that are around the relay.
Good luck HEMI-WAGON with your Durango.

Old 02-05-2015, 11:28 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by HEMI-WAGON
BUMP! Cancelled my lift install and am heading to the dealer tomorrow to address my TIPM recall. No starts, and now as of the last week, all kinds of lights lit on the dash..ABS, service 4WD, service rear park assist, traction control off. AWD disengaged today in really bad road conditions and I nearly spun out. The service manager at my local Dodge dealer said they had a "wiring relay/workaround" to address the fuel pump, but acted completely oblivious to the reports of a completely faulty TIPM.

Has anyone else experienced all this as well?

See how it goes tomorrow, but after that conversation, I fear I might have a battle on my hands.
Hi HEMI-WAGON,

Best of luck at the dealer. Keep us posted on how it goes!

Old 02-06-2015, 06:36 AM
HEMI-WAGON
Rookie

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
Hi HEMI-WAGON,

Best of luck at the dealer. Keep us posted on how it goes!
Thank you! Dealer confirmed it was a wheel speed sensor, rear passenger side. Total cost to replace with labor is $368! Supposed to get her back today. First and only repair for my 2011 Durango so I'm not really upset. and I rescheduled the lift install for Tuesday.

Quick Reply: TIPM Recall Coming