3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Tire recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 03:22 PM
Orin500XL
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GotRPM
It doesn't help the OP when guys post that they "like Michelins" or "Toyos rule". Each manufacturer makes a large number of tire designs, some better than others within the same manufacturer's line. Please give the model name you like or dislike - not just the brand.....

Tire Rack has a large database of tire reviews for many different models, I suggest that the OP look there for tires in his size. Not definitive, but more helpful than "Goodyears suck". .

Great advice.

Old 09-20-2014, 03:46 PM
zaktrafton
Professional

We have a set of cooper weathermaster wsc winter tires for use from november to april. Excellent tires in rain, snow and on ice. I'm thinking about getting the cooper ht plus or the cooper hts for summer use.

Old 09-21-2014, 08:40 AM
hfx_cdn
Rookie

Thank you for the Tire Rack site, but one of the problems I seem to be encountering is that even with Michelin and Toyo ticked, it won't bring them up in any of the comparisons. Yet they each make tires in that size. What am I doing wrong?

Old 09-21-2014, 10:28 AM
Wash Man
All Star

Originally Posted by hfx_cdn
Thank you for the Tire Rack site, but one of the problems I seem to be encountering is that even with Michelin and Toyo ticked, it won't bring them up in any of the comparisons. Yet they each make tires in that size. What am I doing wrong?
Michelin doesn't make a tire in the size of the R/T rim

Old 09-21-2014, 03:07 PM
hfx_cdn
Rookie

According to their website they have a Latitude, here's the link: http://www.michelinman.com/tire-sele...p/tire-details

Old 09-25-2014, 05:45 PM
hfx_cdn
Rookie

For what it is worth, I went into a tire shop today and asked why the Michelin Latitude was listed as "an acceptable alternative" and why it didn't meet OEM specs. He looked it up, and then said, the Latitude has a softer rubber and that was why. It still is rated to give a longer wear milage, and a softer ride.

EMG

Old 09-25-2014, 06:19 PM
GDM
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As I stated in a earlier post, my OEM Latitudes wore out a 38,000 miles. Not the long wear kind of tire I want.

Old 09-26-2014, 11:43 AM
mcfarl58
Veteran

For what it is worth, I went into a tire shop today and asked why the Michelin Latitude was listed as "an acceptable alternative" and why it didn't meet OEM specs. He looked it up, and then said, the Latitude has a softer rubber and that was why. It still is rated to give a longer wear milage, and a softer ride.

EMG

That doesn't make sense. Why would a tire with softer rubber have a longer wear rating?

Old 09-27-2014, 11:06 AM
hfx_cdn
Rookie

Damned if I know, that's why I turned to this forum to see if any of the gurus could help shed light on what gives a good ride at a reasonable price. All I can say is that the OEM Goodyears give a poor ride and just didn't last.

EMG

Old 09-27-2014, 02:28 PM
wildspeed
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damned if I know, that's why I turned to this forum to see if any of the gurus could help shed light on what gives a good ride at a reasonable price. All I can say is that the OEM Goodyears give a poor ride and just didn't last.

EMG
Agreed the michelin latitude are not the best, but adequate for Florida weather.

Just put back 4 new one on the DD in July for 558$ (after 70$ mail in rebate and michelin credit) installed with lifetime balance and road hazard repair/replacement certificate from discount tire.

Since they are warranty for 65000 , michelin will give you credit on some new ones if you had to replace your oem way before 65000 (296 $ credit in my case)

Quick Reply: Tire recommendation