3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Hypertech ?, need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 11:06 AM
MotorMolarDoc
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wash Man
It didn't work in 14's. Maybe they got it fixed.... What to you do with the Eco button?
I've run it both ways, with the Eco on and off. It doesn't seem to matter at all as far as the Hypertech working properly. I've had no issues at all. Starts right up, much better throttle response, holds shifts longer, seems a lot more like a Hemi should feel when you put your foot in it, otherwise you don't even know it's there really. Butt dyno really likes it...

Old 02-11-2015, 11:09 AM
MotorMolarDoc
Amateur

Originally Posted by ufokillerz
i think i read somewhere that the latest flash from the dealer will have Eco button memory
I heard that too. I have not been in to have it done though. Mine comes on at every start, even if I had it off at last shutdown. Doesn't seem to make any difference in my Hypertech working properly. I've had no issues, so maybe Hypertech fixed whatever issue there was before I purchased mine.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:11 AM
MotorMolarDoc
Amateur

It didn't work in 14's. Maybe they got it fixed.... What to you do with the Eco button?
Doesn't matter whether I have it on or not. No difference in the performance of the Hypertech. It does it's job well in both settings on mine.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:51 AM
ufokillerz
Veteran

Originally Posted by MotorMolarDoc
I heard that too. I have not been in to have it done though. Mine comes on at every start, even if I had it off at last shutdown. Doesn't seem to make any difference in my Hypertech working properly. I've had no issues, so maybe Hypertech fixed whatever issue there was before I purchased mine.
Not planning to bring mine into the dealer anytime soon hah

Old 02-11-2015, 11:43 PM
MotorMolarDoc
Amateur

Originally Posted by ufokillerz
Not planning to bring mine into the dealer anytime soon hah
You think your "minor mods" might raise a few red flags at the dealer?....Naaah. Superchargers are a stock Mopar option, right? ;-D

Old 02-21-2015, 08:42 PM
Hemibuck
Veteran

Hypertech is crap. The car will actually learn and eventually override the HT "tune". The only true way to tune this ride is with the Diablo and then get a custom CMR. Don't waste your money on the HT because you will soon be selling it for a loss and upgrading to a Diablo. Everyone thought I was crazy for waiting for the Diablo but I've used them for almost a decade on my other rides and they are a true tuner. Now everyone that really wants some power and improved drivability are leaving the HT for Diablo. Well worth it!

Old 02-22-2015, 11:27 AM
MotorMolarDoc
Amateur

Originally Posted by Hemibuck
Hypertech is crap. The car will actually learn and eventually override the HT "tune". The only true way to tune this ride is with the Diablo and then get a custom CMR. Don't waste your money on the HT because you will soon be selling it for a loss and upgrading to a Diablo. Everyone thought I was crazy for waiting for the Diablo but I've used them for almost a decade on my other rides and they are a true tuner. Now everyone that really wants some power and improved drivability are leaving the HT for Diablo. Well worth it!
That is an interesting theory, but one I have not experienced at all. The Hypertech continues to do for me what it did from day 1, and I am happy with it. Apparently, so are quite a number of other people on the other Durango forum I am a member of. Not sure how the car would "learn" about the Hypertech, but I am certainly no expert. If it "learns", would it then "unlearn" if I simply unplugged they Hypertech sensors, drove the car around the block, then hooked them up again? How does that work? All I know is, it is working very well for what I wanted it for. Not arguing with your experience, just sharing mine.

I have heard nothing but good things about the Diablo, especially with the Hemifever tune. Just not something I want the hassle of, nor the telltale footprints left on the computer, as I have the Mopar Lifetime warranty, and am cautious about not messing that up. Thanks for your impressions. That's why these forums are so great.

Old 02-22-2015, 01:59 PM
Hemibuck
Veteran

Originally Posted by MotorMolarDoc
That is an interesting theory, but one I have not experienced at all. The Hypertech continues to do for me what it did from day 1, and I am happy with it. Apparently, so are quite a number of other people on the other Durango forum I am a member of. Not sure how the car would "learn" about the Hypertech, but I am certainly no expert. If it "learns", would it then "unlearn" if I simply unplugged they Hypertech sensors, drove the car around the block, then hooked them up again? How does that work? All I know is, it is working very well for what I wanted it for. Not arguing with your experience, just sharing mine.

I have heard nothing but good things about the Diablo, especially with the Hemifever tune. Just not something I want the hassle of, nor the telltale footprints left on the computer, as I have the Mopar Lifetime warranty, and am cautious about not messing that up. Thanks for your impressions. That's why these forums are so great.
All of our modern rigs will learn our driving habits and adjust over time. Now I guess you could just unplug the HT and do a reset that way. For me it's just a quick reset for the adaptives on the tuner. I do this for my Magnum every now and again and she wakes back up. The HT is very basic and limited but if your happy that is all that matters.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:03 AM
BKips
Default Wait

Hypertech won't work on the 2014. It gets confused with the built in default tunes. I brought it to Hyoertechs attention and got no answers so I gave up and sold mine to a 11-13 owner. The 11-13's don't have the dual tune already built in like the 14's. The issue is that every time you start up the default (Eco) tune resets and changes the accelerator settings and shift points on the 8 speed. the Hypertech gets completely confused and never can get itself set up.
So is there a way to get more performance with just stock ?

Old 02-26-2015, 01:41 PM
MotorMolarDoc
Amateur

Originally Posted by BKips
So is there a way to get more performance with just stock ?
For my 2014 R/T, the Hypertech is working awesome. No "learning" that I can tell after a month, and much more fun to drive than stock. If the Hemi ever does "learn" to ignore the Hypertech, the I'll take the ten minutes to unplug 4 sensors, drive to work and back "stock", then plug them back in. Plus, my rig's going to have a tough time learning my driving style anyway. Sometimes I drive like an old grandma and sometimes I drive like I stole it. Depends on my mood. Learn that. To each his own...

Quick Reply: Hypertech ?, need opinions