3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

RWD durango

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 01:11 PM
BKips
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RWD durango

Anyone ever disconnected their front wheels from the drive train to have RWD ? I wanted to do this in the summer and sometimes do some burnouts... Anyone see any problems with that and does anyone know if their are any videos on it

Old 03-14-2015, 02:43 PM
Trace3rd
Professional

The transfer case used in the Durango has a 2wd mode, but our switch is not wired for it (the Ram's get it though). A few years ago I read that the AWD Charger crowd had a way to enable the 2wd mode with a programmer so they could run on a RWD Dyno, I read that some of them used it on the street also, and liked it for burnouts as well. I do not know if this is available with the programmers that can be purchased for the Durango though, but it would be nice.

Old 03-16-2015, 11:56 AM
2012sxt
Professional

I would assume just disconnecting would cause issues with the traction control computer monitoring among other things...but just a thought

Old 03-16-2015, 03:17 PM
mac424
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't be done with the programmers. I have one and checked for the dyno mode option... I agree this would be nice, but probably not gonna be a reality.

Old 03-18-2015, 07:34 AM
coldsteel
Captain

Turn the traction control off with the button and then stomp on it. You'll get more throttle response and the DD will take off out of the hole like a gazelle (perhaps a wildebeest).

Old 03-18-2015, 04:23 PM
Trace3rd
Professional

Originally Posted by mac424
Can't be done with the programmers. I have one and checked for the dyno mode option... I agree this would be nice, but probably not gonna be a reality.

Well just in case any of the programmer manufacturers are reading these posts, it would definitely be a selling point. I'm not interested in getting one just for a little more performance or for better shifting, but I would definitely buy one if it gave me a "2wd/dyno mode" option, and a "Valet mode" option (it would need to be easy to active and lock, and unlock and deactivate on the fly to be useful though).

Old 03-20-2015, 09:08 AM
mac424
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trace3rd
Well just in case any of the programmer manufacturers are reading these posts, it would definitely be a selling point. I'm not interested in getting one just for a little more performance or for better shifting, but I would definitely buy one if it gave me a "2wd/dyno mode" option, and a "Valet mode" option (it would need to be easy to active and lock, and unlock and deactivate on the fly to be useful though).
It would be a great selling point, but looking at diablosport's website, the features on even the new Chargers and such don't have the dyno mode option anymore. Seems to have been an option only for the original LX car run 2005-2010.

Quick Reply: RWD durango