3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

FOB, start up, shut down, weird issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 09:16 AM
mmark27
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FOB, start up, shut down, weird issues

I have a 2012 DD that was built in Nov of 2011. I'm having some odd issues related to start up and shut down of the DD.

Issue I'm having is that with one of my keyless entry FOBs, the DD will fire up with the Start button is pushed, but then immediately die and won't turn back over until I cancel it all out and open the driver door. (doesn't happen every time, seems random when it does). Fix seems easy, right, replace the battery on the FOB? Did that, still have same issue.

I'm also occasionally getting a delay often in when I 1) start the vehicle -> it'll pause for a good 3-4 seconds between hitting the button and the engine firing up. 2) Occasionally when I turn off the DD by hitting the start button again, it'll wait 3-4 seconds and then turn off. Today I had it where it stopped the car, but then the other doors didn't unlock immediately like they should have when I opened up my driver door.

My only guess as to what's going on is that perhaps I need a new vehicle battery in the DD? Could that be what's going wrong? There are new batteries in my key FOBs, so that can't be them. Has anyone else run into this? Is there something else to reset or check?

Old 03-19-2015, 11:04 AM
Wash Man
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Search the forum. A guy just posted similar issues and found that when he took his key apart and metal disk had come loose and was causing the eratic behavior

Old 03-19-2015, 11:15 AM
mmark27
Rookie

Originally Posted by Wash Man
Search the forum. A guy just posted similar issues and found that when he took his key apart and metal disk had come loose and was causing the eratic behavior
Yea, I searched before I posted and now after and can't find the post to which you are referring? If you have time and can remember any other details about it, can you link me to it?

EDIT: Found it: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...-engage-2.html

Last edited by mmark27; 03-19-2015 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:26 PM
2011CrewLuxSC
Rookie

yeah, that was me. your issues sound a little different though. still I would recommend you take the fob apart and see how it looks. its pretty simple to pull apart and put back together.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:41 PM
mmark27
Rookie

Originally Posted by 2011CrewLuxSC
yeah, that was me. your issues sound a little different though. still I would recommend you take the fob apart and see how it looks. its pretty simple to pull apart and put back together.
Yeah, I did see that the prongs that hold the battery tight were a little flattened, but that's it. Not sure that would do anything but we'll see. Otherwise I'll take it to the stealership if it gets worse.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:08 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mmark27
Yeah, I did see that the prongs that hold the battery tight were a little flattened, but that's it. Not sure that would do anything but we'll see. Otherwise I'll take it to the stealership if it gets worse.
Hi mmark27,

Sorry to hear about your concern. Do you notice any specific conditions that your symptoms are occurring under, such as a cold start? Also, is the engine cranking when you have the delayed start?

Quick Reply: FOB, start up, shut down, weird issues