3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Rocker panel removal

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 03:54 PM
texasnamkim
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rocker panel removal

Have to replace right fender. Looks like I have to remove the rocker panel. Having hard time taking it off the body after removing rivets and screws on the sides and underneath. Any instruction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-27-2015, 07:40 AM
coldsteel
Captain

I don't know off-hand, but I will try to find the body repair manual. Care to tell us what happened?

Old 10-28-2015, 07:45 AM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

It must be intuitive. The service manual skips right over that step and goes straight from removing the front fascia to removing the rear lower mounting bolts.

From the drawing it appears there are two bolts on the lower rear and one bolt that would be accessed through the open door. I'll dig around some more to see if I can find anything on removing that lower rocker panel....

-Rod

Old 10-28-2015, 07:51 AM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm not finding anything. Are you sure you cannot access the two lower screws from the backside of the rocker, where it drops down behind the front wheel?

What year Durango are you working on?

-Rod

Old 10-29-2015, 12:18 AM
texasnamkim

Thanks for all the replies. I can access 2 bottom screws from the back side of the rocker panel. However to remove the fender from from the body, I have to remove the rocker panel because it covers bottom part of the fender. Rocker panel is held in place by plastic clips. Looks like I have to break these clips to free rocker panel. 2011 DD.

Quick Reply: Rocker panel removal