3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2013 Stalling After Start - Pt. 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 12:02 PM
harv1234
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll try that. I'll let you know if I find anything of value out.

Old 01-12-2016, 02:12 PM
Waynead
Veteran

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
The dealership will definitely need to be able to replicate the symptom in order to properly diagnose and/or repair. If it's possible for you to demonstrate it occurring for your dealership, I encourage you to bring it back in to show them, but I know that can be tricky when it only occurs intermittently.
I understand that, but I find it hard to believe that we are the only two owners who have had the problem. I would think someone found it and had it fixed and the repair is in a database. I asked Dodge about that but they too referred me to the dealer.

I've wondered if it isn't related to the anti-theft system. Do you know if it has a mode where the engine will crank and not start if it detects a potential theft?

Last edited by Waynead; 01-12-2016 at 02:14 PM.
Old 01-12-2016, 04:18 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Waynead
I understand that, but I find it hard to believe that we are the only two owners who have had the problem. I would think someone found it and had it fixed and the repair is in a database. I asked Dodge about that but they too referred me to the dealer.

I've wondered if it isn't related to the anti-theft system. Do you know if it has a mode where the engine will crank and not start if it detects a potential theft?
I have access to all TSBs, recalls, etc., but there is no database that I'm aware of that contains references to every repair performed. If a symptom is common enough, I can typically find some kind of information on it in our systems, but searching the above symptoms unfortunately has not pulled up anything for me.

You could be onto something with the anti-theft system. If the WIN module recognizes a fob as invalid, it "sends a message" to the PCM, which then disables engine operation; so it could very well be related to this if you think there is some reason why the WIN may be detecting your fob as invalid.

Old 01-12-2016, 05:09 PM
Waynead
Veteran

Thank you for your efforts DodgeCares.

I do not have any specific reason to suspect the WIN, other than not having any other suspects.

Old 01-13-2016, 10:13 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

No problem, Waynead. One way you may be able to tell if it is related to the WIN is to look for a red flashing security light on your dashboard when this occurs. It would likely also throw a DTC.

Old 01-15-2016, 03:40 PM
Waynead
Veteran

I'll look for the light, but it has never thrown a code. Thanks.

Quick Reply: 2013 Stalling After Start - Pt. 2