3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

I'm going to kill her

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 10:03 PM
wi-steve
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cripes I think this thread jinxed me. I bashed my passenger mirror on the garage door jamb while backing out of the driveway last night.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:27 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Are you one of those that does not know how to use mirrors for backing up? If so, that's wife territory. Lol

Old 01-30-2016, 09:25 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Are you one of those that does not know how to use mirrors for backing up? If so, that's wife territory. Lol
Dude, you know women don't have reverse radar...that's suicide!!!

Man, that plastic BS sure breaks easy when it's cold.

Old 01-31-2016, 12:06 AM
that$pit
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lift it, then it wont happen again

Old 01-31-2016, 06:39 PM
Ptownzbrown

Excellent advice ! While at the movie theatre today with the wife I notice the bottom of the bumper on the passenger side has a nice fresh scrape/scuff... I'm like "when did that happen? Did you do that ?" Rhetorical question but I wanted to see the response... "Oh yeah I didn't clear one of those bump stops at the grocery store and it scraped it but that's what it's there for and if I don't park over it the *** end sticks out too much" ... FML!!!

Old 02-04-2016, 11:03 PM
Senpro

I must be the luckiest guy on Durango forum. My wife has never dented or wrecked a car. She even keeps her cars spotless. She is sensitive to smells and doesn't let trash stay when we leave the car. Seriously, I get called out for leaving an empty water bottle. She is a good woman.

Old 02-05-2016, 03:06 AM
nicola.dinisio
Rookie
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by mcfarl58
This will be the 2nd time our lower air dam is replaced. This time she pulled out of the driveway and hit the snow piled up on the side of the driveway apron even though I've been very careful about actually shoveling the grass to prevent this very thing from happening. I've warned her before about pulling out of the driveway like a bat out of hell. I get a "I wasn't going that fast" then a picture. Yeah, not going very fast my ***.

Ripped out the push pins completely along with 2 other clips. I'm not certain there's not additional damage to the front bumper fascia even though she says there isn't. I'll have to check when I get home, but I'm not a happy camper.

I do not like the tone of this post.
A stupid bumper is not worth such a fuss with your wife.

Last edited by nicola.dinisio; 02-05-2016 at 03:42 AM.
Old 02-05-2016, 08:46 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Originally Posted by nicola.dinisio
I do not like the tone of this post.
A stupid bumper is not worth such a fuss with your wife.
Ignore it then.

Old 02-05-2016, 09:36 AM
GDM
Professional

When I first saw this posting title, I too could not ignore it like I ignore others. It seemed pretty violent to me, especially on a vehicle forum site that talks about Durangos. I have had two incidents with my Durango at the time I was driving, and not once did my wife threaten to "kill" me to my face or on a social media like this. I am not one of those who needs to be politically correct, but do take notice when one threatens to kill another person, even on a site like this, where I don't expect to see this. When you drive a vehicle, you take the risk of having an accident or incident like me (broken windshield and hit a deer). Both got fixed and no threats of killing ensued (even the deer walked away) So I too find the violent tone of a posting title hard to ignore, given the violent nature of current events.

Old 02-05-2016, 10:27 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Originally Posted by GDM
When I first saw this posting title, I too could not ignore it like I ignore others. It seemed pretty violent to me, especially on a vehicle forum site that talks about Durangos. I have had two incidents with my Durango at the time I was driving, and not once did my wife threaten to "kill" me to my face or on a social media like this. I am not one of those who needs to be politically correct, but do take notice when one threatens to kill another person, even on a site like this, where I don't expect to see this. When you drive a vehicle, you take the risk of having an accident or incident like me (broken windshield and hit a deer). Both got fixed and no threats of killing ensued (even the deer walked away) So I too find the violent tone of a posting title hard to ignore, given the violent nature of current events.

Yes, such violence!! Blood and gore everywhere!!

I think you're overreacting. It's tongue in cheek humor. I'm pretty sure he is not going to actually kill his wife.

Heck, I've said "I'm going to kill XXXX" (substitute "XXXX" with kids, dog, cat, co-worker, idiot driver, etc) many times. It's a figure of speech.

Quick Reply: I'm going to kill her