3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Replacement LED Headlight Bulbs for 2011 Crew?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 07:14 PM
DrKrizzle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Replacement LED Headlight Bulbs for 2011 Crew?

Has anyone replaced the standard H11 Lowbeam Headlights with LED's? If so, can you share a link to some that work well? It seems to be a wide range out there, would like to get it right the first time.

Thanks!

Old 08-04-2016, 10:52 PM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

I have installed LED headlights in my 2011 Crew and I'm really happy with them. The light is much whiter, seems brighter, and of course doesn't get hot.

The headlights I bought were these from Amazon. They fit fine and were easy to install. The only slight issue I have with them is I do experience a small amount of flicker from them. I'm not sure if it's only when I'm at idle or not. It does not effect the usefulness of these lights. I've had them in since January and they still work fine. I know that's not a real long time, but here in Iowa they've seen some pretty drastic temperature changes over those 8 months.

Additionally, I have not yet had anyone flash their high beams at me so the focal point is apparently pretty close to correct. The focal point is adjustable but I have not changed mine from full retracted. If I recall correctly, I had to flip the heat sink over which is easy to do, but I just seated it fully from a focal length perspective.

-Rod

Old 08-05-2016, 07:59 PM
DrKrizzle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That helps a lot. It seemed like there are more problems with the cheaper bulbs. I think I willl order These to minimize flicker. It's a cheap addition to even that out.

Quick Reply: Replacement LED Headlight Bulbs for 2011 Crew?