3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Buyer beware-never dodge again!

Old 03-10-2017, 07:08 PM
Big had
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics

Here are some pics. What's your thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails Buyer beware-never dodge again!-img_0871.jpg   Buyer beware-never dodge again!-img_0910.jpg   Buyer beware-never dodge again!-img_0912.jpg   Buyer beware-never dodge again!-img_0913.jpg  
Old 03-10-2017, 07:25 PM
Big had
Amateur

I by no means am trying to take advantage of the manufacturer. If I caused this issue I would repair it on my dime. My wife and I sit very well financially so by no means am I trying to come across as a crybaby regarding this. The answer I have received from them is this is "road chips". Hmm, this sure doesn't look like chips to me. In my world this is straight peeling! Another comment I heard was it looks like the vehicle has been damaged by the way the bumper doesn't alight to the metal fender. Hmmm. Maybe I should snap other pictures of body alignment. Fit and finish on American cars are still worlds away from European vehicles. My 2016 Dart hood dips below the bumper line on one side and is raised above it on the other side. Anyways, please feel free to share your thoughts on this issue. The saga continues. I will post as it progresses. Very troubling to have a new vehicle with this type of issue and nobody home at the dealership level to talk with about it. I guess a warranty is truly not a warranty. I wish they would stop sending me those requests for extended warranties and lifetime warranties! They should do stand up. Got a vehicle under a year old with under 10k miles and it apparently doesn't have a promised warranty as it stands!

Old 03-10-2017, 08:54 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

If I walked up to a random car and saw that, I would assume it had been painted by a terrible body shop. I do a TON of work for "swanky" used car lots who Frankenstein cars together and I see plenty of bad paint jobs. Those are not road chips or flex/rebound damage. That's just plain crappy paint work.

Did you buy this car BRAND NEW from a Dodge dealer? "Program Car/Former Dealer Demo" maybe? Why is the front fascia not lining up with the fender?

These are just observations and nothing aimed at you.

We have pretty high traffic here and I'll ask the service manager to look at these on Monday and see if he's seen anything off the assembly line like this. I seem to remember a Challenger that looked like this once.

Last edited by TNtech; 03-10-2017 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:01 PM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

^^^ Agreed. The fitment of the bumper cover in that first image and the lack of paint adhesion sure seems to suggest that is not a factory fitment and probably not a factory paint job.

-Rod

Old 03-11-2017, 06:51 AM
Big had
Amateur

I bought the vehicle BRAND NEW with under 10 miles on the odometer. As for the fitment I can tell you I take no suspicion on that as my Dart hood doesn't fit consistent. And to be quite honest I never even noticed it until someone pointed that out to me. I did get the dealer to run a pre delivery report which he stated no touch ups or repairs were made pre purchase. Just a hot patch for the heated steering wheel. A imputed glash update is all he said he could find. Is it possible the dealer is lying to me? Btw the dealer who researched this is not the dealer I bought from.

Old 03-11-2017, 12:31 PM
TNtech
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by Big had
I bought the vehicle BRAND NEW with under 10 miles on the odometer. As for the fitment I can tell you I take no suspicion on that as my Dart hood doesn't fit consistent. And to be quite honest I never even noticed it until someone pointed that out to me. I did get the dealer to run a pre delivery report which he stated no touch ups or repairs were made pre purchase. Just a hot patch for the heated steering wheel. A imputed glash update is all he said he could find. Is it possible the dealer is lying to me? Btw the dealer who researched this is not the dealer I bought from.

It could have been lot or truck damage and handled on the down-low.

Old 03-11-2017, 06:07 PM
roogie
Rookie

Originally Posted by TNtech
(I split your posts to make it more readable)
Thank you!

roog

Old 03-12-2017, 11:43 AM
usmc1811
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree, the fender and bumper alignment issue is suspect of a possible prior damage.
I've seen this type of paint peeling before. The new paint looks like it was sprayed over the original paint as a cover up job.

The dealership you bought the vehicle from, is to me a real suspect behind both of these issue/problems.

Old 03-12-2017, 12:48 PM
TNtech
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by usmc1811

The dealership you bought the vehicle from, is to me a real suspect behind both of these issue/problems.

I'm leaning that way myself. This kind of thing happens all the time.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:58 PM
Big had
Amateur

After much research and blown off calls I have resolved my issue. And some of you are very good! Thanks for the tip about the selling dealer possibly repainting the bumper. They did! And, they are willing to accept this as their problem and make it right.
However, I still am NOT happy with the disregard and unconcern of the Manufacturer regarding this matter. The blown off feeling they have left me with. I expected some customer service and customer support. As the consumer I bought a vehicle from Dodge, through their branded dealership network. As the customer I should not have been blown off, treated this poorly, and left alone to spend countless hours pursuing this issue. Customer service could have called the dealer in my opinion. Instead of my countless calls never answered! Let's not forget their digital imaging dept. denied my claim and NOBODY ever could tell me why.
I am quite unhappy with this experience and question if I will ever be a loyal customer again after this experience. Dodge should know that a primary objective of any successful business is to protect the Brand. Something they have failed to do regarding me. A guy with 4 newer Dodge products in his driveway and countless 10's of thousands of his dollars as a long term customer.
My bumper will be repainted..and I have learned my loyalty to Dodge is not a Loyalty they have in return. A bitter pill to swallow for me. I did not buy a new vehicle for the hassle. It has been a hassle. I will end with that. Thanks again for all the help on this site in my endeavor. I appreciate it much.

Search this Thread