Cylinder Misfire on a 2016 citadel

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 12:37 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan ZT

Basically they had the car for a MONTH and on the 4th week said that they can't figure out why the 2nd cylinder would not hold compression. So they ordered a new engine
Holy crap, unreal. We're talking fundamentals here. The tech shortage is way worse than I thought.

Chrysler has ONLY themselves to blame.

Last edited by TNtech; 11-23-2017 at 12:39 AM.
Old 11-23-2017, 01:00 AM
Alan ZT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They did all types of tests to try and figure out why this was happening. The engine was rebuilt three times since July. First time they replaced a lifter, 1k miles later the same symptoms popped up. Second time they swapped all the components from Cylinder 2 to Cylinder 4 to see if it'd throw a code (nothing). Only symptom they could go by was that if you stay on the gas till 3K RPM, it'll cut and shudder. Hell if they wanted to throw in a hellcat engine in there as a "I'm sorry" i probably would have stayed with them

Old 11-23-2017, 01:12 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan ZT
They did all types of tests to try and figure out why this was happening. The engine was rebuilt three times since July. First time they replaced a lifter, 1k miles later the same symptoms popped up. Second time they swapped all the components from Cylinder 2 to Cylinder 4 to see if it'd throw a code (nothing). Only symptom they could go by was that if you stay on the gas till 3K RPM, it'll cut and shudder. Hell if they wanted to throw in a hellcat engine in there as a "I'm sorry" i probably would have stayed with them
There are special tools to find where compression loss is going. Standard tools. Tools that have been around since....well.....longer than I've been alive.

Old 01-20-2021, 11:58 AM
ACBrowning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Guess what

2016 Dodge Grand Caravan

CEL cylinder 2 misfire - replaced coil ($600)

Then CEL cylinder 2 misfire - replaced fuel injector ($600)

Now CEL cylinder 2 misfire - it's the head which the dealer SHOULD have replaced in the first place under the Powertrain at 57,000 miles but instead they did a quick fix and now at 83,000 miles I am out of warranty - $2,500-4,500 (upper end is about half of what I still owe on this POS)

Never mind the two different window cables that snapped causing the window to fall into the door (also paid for those out of pocket)

And the electric issue with the drivers side power door that we can't afford to fix

I am NEVER buying a Dodge again. It's an outrage that this same exact thing happens to so many people and Dodge does nothing to make it right.

The following users liked this post:
Johnathan Kelly (03-03-2021)
Old 03-09-2024, 11:21 PM
Tyoekayla
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone needs to recall this problem

2019 dodge grand caravan gt penestar, same code dealership "checked everyrhinf and said it was the head and they sent it out to have it rebuilt. Week or so later same code would go on and off, now stays on. Obviously they didnt resolve this issue all the way with the older models like they thought. Dodge needs to recall or figure their **** out its so annoying and happens to happen right after warranty is up.

Quick Reply: Cylinder Misfire on a 2016 citadel