3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Weird Issue Happened

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 10:57 AM
SRT06601
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird Issue Happened

Hi,

Im the new proud owner of a SRT just bought it on the 28th, took it for a first spin with my wife this past Saturday and life was pretty good until as were leaving the store, we get in, cut the car on, seatbelts on, then we hear garbled chatter come from our speakers for about 10-15 seconds and my wife and I looked at each other shocked and cut the radio off. Look im an It Admin pretty "techy" guy and I did not connect my bluetooth to my vehicle neither did my wife ok. Havent had time. So we get home call Dodge and of course they're trying to say it was a malfunction on my part. Complete BS. He explained how the assist button works and about the telematic units in the car (which I already knew about) and how they work. After my experience with these creepy "telematic" units basically allowing access to my vehicle I dont want them on my car. Onstar has the same issue years ago and now they made it to where you hear a chime before an agent can patch into your vehicle. Needless to say this has completely weirded me out & after convincing my wife I want this vehicle she hates it. Not to mention Dodge is trying to charge me a arm and leg to remove these devices. If anyone has any suggestions on where they are and how I can remove them myself Id be much obliged.

Last edited by SRT06601; 03-09-2018 at 07:57 AM.
Old 03-10-2018, 10:53 PM
hellomoto_25
Veteran

I'd say take off the tin foil hat and go about your life.

All new vehicles are going to be the same. Don't want that? Go buy an older vehicle.

As far as the radio, if it reoccurs, take it in. Probably just a firmware update fix.

Old 03-16-2018, 06:24 PM
Waynead
Veteran

I don't know if this is related to your concern, but I have heard "garbled chatter" through the radio when a police car was talking on its radio next to my car. This was several years ago and not a Durango.

Quick Reply: Weird Issue Happened