2018 R/T Upgrade Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 08:42 AM
Sooper
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2018 R/T Upgrade Questions

Saturday I picked up my new 2018 R/T.

I already plan on the 2.5" lift from Rocky and I want to upgrade to a set of SRT wheels.

Does anyone know if the SRT brakes will bolt on to the R/T suspension? Will it void the factory warranty if I upgrade from stock parts to stock parts? I'm considering the upgrade because after a week of driving I think it can be better.

I'm also considering forced induction.

Are there any bolt on applications that take over the factory warranty?

Finally, I'd like it to sound a little better. Any exhaust kits that are recommended? Typically I prefer the Magnaflow sound over Flowmaster...if that helps make suggestions.

Thanks.

Old 03-21-2018, 02:31 PM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

As a general rule, even aftermarket parts cannot void your factory warranty unless those parts can be directly attributed to be the source of the warranty claim. Along those lines though, I would suspect even non-factory-installed OEM optional parts could cause warranty claim issues. If the OEM items are not part of the build sheet, they could be viewed very similar to aftermarket parts. For example, just because someone might install an OEM Class 3 trailer hitch on a vehicle not originally equipped with a hitch does not mean the vehicle magically can tow what a vehicle that shipped from the factory with the same hitch is rated for. There may be transmission and oil coolers, upgraded brakes, etc. that would have been installed by the factory on a tow package vehicle. Similarly, the SRT wheels may be heavier and paired at the factory with different brake pads or larger brakes, possibly even a more heavy-duty suspension. If you install SRT wheels on an R/T, it could lead to suspension and brake parts wearing pre-maturely and in that event, you should not expect the warranty to cover such issues. However, if the windshield wipers stopped working within the warranty period it would be a real stretch for the dealer to void the wiper warranty due to the SRT wheels.

Additionally, a manufacturer cannot require the oil changes to be performed at a dealer in order to maintain the warranty. But not having the oil changes performed at a dealer would require the owner to be vigilent in maintaining accurate records that show the oil and filter was changed at the appropriate intervals with the appropriate specification parts.

-Rod

Old 03-29-2018, 02:31 AM
hellomoto_25
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are going to lift an RT? Why not buy the Citadel instead.

And why put SRT wheels on a lifted vehicle?

I just don't see it.

Old 03-29-2018, 07:20 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by hellomoto_25
You are going to lift an RT? Why not buy the Citadel instead.

And why put SRT wheels on a lifted vehicle?

I just don't see it.
Me either....

Quick Reply: 2018 R/T Upgrade Questions