3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Winshield Washer Fluid Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 07:53 PM
jxjaxj
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winshield Washer Fluid Issue

No more fluid came out after a while, so I thought I ran out of windshield washer fluid, but when I checked, it was full. When I push in to release the fluid, no fluid shoots out at all. Do you know what could be the cause of this? Thanks a lot for your help!

Old 04-07-2018, 08:21 AM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by jxjaxj
When I push in to release the fluid, no fluid shoots out at all.
Are you referring to pushing in the "Wash" button? Have you tried both the windshield and the rear window washer? Do either of them work? If not, the issue is likely the pump motor or a fuse. If you're not able to hear the pump run when either windshield or rear is selected, first check the fuse. If the fuse is good, then you're next step will likely be to check for power at the pump.

If you can hear the pump run, or one of the other (windshield or rear window) washers work, then it's probably a restriction in a hose somewhere.

What year is your Durango?

-Rod

Old 04-07-2018, 10:48 PM
jxjaxj
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a lot Rod! I checked and there is fluid coming out of the back windshield. The front windshield pump is making a normal noise but no fluid is coming out. I guess it sounds like something is blocking it from coming out? It did work for a while and then one day just stopped. This is a 2016 SXT. Also, since I only have 30,000 miles on the vehicle, do you think this is covered under the manufacturers 36K warranty? Thanks again!

Old 04-08-2018, 08:57 AM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

You'll want to read your documentation or contact your dealer regarding if this would be covered under the bumper to bumper warranty. Since you can hear the pump running, I would suspect that if the dealer found a restriction in the line that was NOT due to a kink of the hose or a piece of the pump/tank that came loose, you'd be on the hook to cover the cost since it otherwise would not be a manufacturer's defect.

-Rod

Quick Reply: Winshield Washer Fluid Issue