3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Engine fan extremely loud

Old 06-25-2018, 11:04 PM
kbowman87
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine fan extremely loud

It seems to only be when the vehicle is idling (driveway or fast food drive through) but the engine fan runs so loud you literally have to turn the engine off to order or carry on a conversation. I don’t know what could cause this and couldn’t find anything in a google search. Any help would be appreciated.

’11 Durango Citadel AWD 5.7L Hemi

Last edited by kbowman87; 06-25-2018 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Vehicle details
Old 07-02-2018, 09:00 PM
wildspeed
Professional

You didn't find anything because there is nothiing wrong, this is normal.

Old 07-03-2018, 01:55 PM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

How long have you had the vehicle and has it always been this way since you've owned it, or is it something that recently became much more noticeable? I had a 2011 AWD Hemi Durango and it certainly wasn't so loud that I couldn't order at a drive through, so I would not say this is normal. Is the engine coolant temperature running hot or does the temperature seem normal? Have you made sure there is nothing restricting air flow through the radiator?

-Rod

Old 05-15-2022, 12:29 PM
TeeLee
Default Fan ridiculously loud on 2013 Dodge Durango Citadel

[QUOTE=wildspeed;3399303]You didn't find anything because there is nothiing wrong, this is normal”. —- what a bunch of hogwash. That trite, flimsy answer is aggravating and a bald face lie. When I purchased my 2013 Dodge Durango citadel, it never made this hideous screaming fan noise. It was quiet and elegant and never roared. Currently, the engine fan is so loud it sounds like a jumbo jet getting ready to take off. Something needs to be done. And Dodge needs to come clean. Why is it so loud? I can’t even hear myself think.

Old 05-15-2022, 12:50 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,170 Likes on 2,923 Posts

[QUOTE=TeeLee;3543956]
Originally Posted by wildspeed
You didn't find anything because there is nothiing wrong, this is normal”. —- what a bunch of hogwash. That trite, flimsy answer is aggravating and a bald face lie. When I purchased my 2013 Dodge Durango citadel, it never made this hideous screaming fan noise. It was quiet and elegant and never roared. Currently, the engine fan is so loud it sounds like a jumbo jet getting ready to take off. Something needs to be done. And Dodge needs to come clean. Why is it so loud? I can’t even hear myself think.
Your fan clutch is probably seized.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Engine fan extremely loud