3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Display keeps showing FCW Failure

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 11:18 AM
h2dav
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Display keeps showing FCW Failure

I have a 2011 Dodge Durango Crew Lux model with 190329 miles on it. For about the last month the electrical system has gone completely out of wack. What first started happening is I would get the ocassional FCW Failure in the dash along with Automatic Cruise unavailable. Once those warnings would flash the entire Information Display would turn off. After the info display turned off the stereo would also turn off (Uconnect RHB w/navigation) for a while everything would turn back on and only the battery light would stay on. I was nervous that it was the alternator again which I had previously replaced prior to the recall. I brought it in to get checked and was told nothing was wrong with neither the battery nor the alternator. This issue has progressively gotten worst with all the restart of the display and infotainment system every few miles and errors for everything from the park assist system to the blind spot monitoring system. Anyone else have this issue or know how I can maybe address it?

Old 07-06-2018, 12:44 PM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Have you checked the condition of the battery (load test and internal resistance) as well as cables to make sure they are clean and tight? How long has it been since the battery has been replaced?

-Rod

Old 07-06-2018, 12:53 PM
h2dav
Default Battery test good

I've run the battery test a few times and it's good. Alternator is putting out a steady 14.8 so I don't think it's too bad. The battery is 2 years old but this error only occurs when the vehicle is in motion it works fine at idle.

Old 07-07-2018, 02:46 AM
m88s22
Rookie

For the FCW and Cruise control issues, check the speed sensors. I had a 2011 Citadel that had the same issues with those and i replace the speed sensors and those issues immediately disappeared. If you take it to a parts store, they might be able to determine the side of the sensor so you don't have to replace all 4. Something to try

Quick Reply: Display keeps showing FCW Failure