3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Prospective R/T Buyer 2014+

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 12:01 PM
Dost
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prospective R/T Buyer 2014+

Hello everyone,

I am very interested in the R/T or Citadel V8. (2014~2016), WITH Technology package. However, I definitely need the full 7 seat capacity. From what I have seen, they all come with 6 seats, as in 2nd row Captain's Chair or have center console.
Is there anyway to replace that with middle row bench?
I haven't been able to locate any with above configuration and 7 seater.
Please advise.

Thanks in advance,
Dost

Old 07-11-2018, 12:07 PM
usmc1811
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The 7 seat are available just about everywhere.
Keep looking, be patient and you will find the one you want.

Enjoy the ride.

Old 07-11-2018, 03:10 PM
Dost

Originally Posted by usmc1811
The 7 seat are available just about everywhere.
Keep looking, be patient and you will find the one you want.

Enjoy the ride.

Are you sure ? Cause I can't seem to find any with V8 AND Technology Package WITH 7 Seats.

Old 07-12-2018, 08:00 AM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Since you're considering both the R/T and the Citadel V8 it doesn't seem the looks of the R/T are necessarily what you're looking for. What features of the tech package are must haves? Many may be available on other models which can be pretty easy to find with a V8 and 7-passenger seating. What's more important, 7-passenger seating or all the features of the tech package? The next consideration might be are you stuck on a Durango or is there another make and model of vehicle that would be your fall back if you're not able to check all your Durango wish list boxes?

-Rod

Old 07-13-2018, 03:39 PM
Dost

Originally Posted by SHO Rod
Since you're considering both the R/T and the Citadel V8 it doesn't seem the looks of the R/T are necessarily what you're looking for. What features of the tech package are must haves? Many may be available on other models which can be pretty easy to find with a V8 and 7-passenger seating. What's more important, 7-passenger seating or all the features of the tech package? The next consideration might be are you stuck on a Durango or is there another make and model of vehicle that would be your fall back if you're not able to check all your Durango wish list boxes?

-Rod
7 seats is a must have, I would really like to have adaptive cruise control from the tech package. I am not sure if there were any other models/car brands with the same driving dynamics and a v8 SUV in 2014 - 2017 model year. Maybe Explorer with a twin turbo v6 comes close but I am not sure how is the ride as I have never driven one. I like to have something thats nimble, relatively easier to toss around.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:08 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Originally Posted by Dost
7 seats is a must have, I would really like to have adaptive cruise control from the tech package. I am not sure if there were any other models/car brands with the same driving dynamics and a v8 SUV in 2014 - 2017 model year. Maybe Explorer with a twin turbo v6 comes close but I am not sure how is the ride as I have never driven one. I like to have something thats nimble, relatively easier to toss around.
Easier than what? It's an SUV, not a sports car.... (though the lines are getting awful blurry lately......)

Old 07-22-2018, 05:17 PM
Orin500XL
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just now (SUN. 5:10pm) checked Autotrader and they have 137 2014-17 Durango AWD Citadel V-8 available. If the Tech Pack is a MUST HAVE you might find it on Autotrader. Also check cars.com and edmunds.com. Price, distance and colors will make your search more difficult if you're fussy.

Quick Reply: Prospective R/T Buyer 2014+