3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Downshifting when stopping

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 11:39 AM
SUVdriver
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Downshifting when stopping

I have a 2017 Durango when I am coming to a stop, it often downshifts so hard you can feel the car jolting throughout and actually hear it as well. It is so bad that other drivers will often look at me bc their window is down and they heard it! Once we all looked up because it jolted so hard we thought someone had rear ended us! I have taken the car to two different dealerships and they tell me there is nothing wrong and it’s just the way it is. This can’t possibly be true I had a 2011 before with no issues at all. Please someone help me! I owe too much money to trade it away and I would dare say another dealership would not want it with the way it drives.

Old 06-04-2019, 12:09 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Have you actually demonstrated the issue to the dealer service dept.? Taken them for a ride and show them first hand?

Old 06-04-2019, 12:59 PM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

This sounds pretty similar to a rather common complaint with 2016 and newer Ram 1500s with the 5.7L and 8-speed transmissions. There the dealers seem to claim they've never heard of the issue, even though several forum members have encountered it and complained to their dealers. Two of my co-workers have the issue with their 2016s. For one of them the dealer re-flashed the transmission control module which helped a lot, but didn't totally fix the issue.

-Rod

Old 06-04-2019, 03:50 PM
SUVdriver

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Have you actually demonstrated the issue to the dealer service dept.? Taken them for a ride and show them first hand?
The last time I was there, they drove it and told me of course they couldn’t replicate the problem. I told them I wanted to drive them around and show them, they were then “too busy” to go.

Old 06-05-2019, 08:07 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by SUVdriver
The last time I was there, they drove it and told me of course they couldn’t replicate the problem. I told them I wanted to drive them around and show them, they were then “too busy” to go.
Find another dealer.

Old 06-05-2019, 08:40 AM
SUVdriver

for sure

Quick Reply: Downshifting when stopping