tire and wheel ideas

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 05:05 PM
wi-steve
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default tire and wheel ideas

Hello all!

I'm time to put some new shoes on my Durango. It's a 2015 RT with the blackout package. This time I am planning to get snow tires to mount on the original wheels, and a new tire and wheel package for summer.

I like the look of the new SRT Durango wheels (do they fit on an RT?)... might go brass monkey style. Looking for advice and ideas from anyone. Previously I have run the original Fortera tires, and most recently The Grabbers. The Grabbers were great in the winter, ok in summer. Fortera was good in summer, tolerable in winter.

Any recommendations for great performance tires for summer? Good deals on sweet looking rims?

Side note... wife just picked up a new 2019 Ram 1500 limited, also black. So the Durango is no longer our tow vehicle. Wow. The 1500 is amazing. I can't wait to see what those engineers come up with for their next major Durango redesign.

Last edited by wi-steve; 06-23-2019 at 05:14 PM.
Old 06-25-2019, 02:12 PM
Orin500XL
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a set of the Jeep SRT repos on my '12 Crew and got several positive comments, including one from The Comptroller. I'd also added red brake caliper covers which adds a little more pop to the set up. The Crew was gray so the wheel/caliper mods were very noticeable.
I've already added red caliper covers to my '17 Citadel (Octane Red, AKA burgandy) which has only 27K miles. When the tires are due for changing I'll also get another set of the SRTs. I'll stick with the stock tire size so fitment will not be a problem. (This is one of the few options The Comptroller will happily approve.)
Good luck on your hunt.

Quick Reply: tire and wheel ideas