3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Sunroof seal leaks

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 12:30 AM
Musa Conteh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sunroof seal leaks

Sup I’m new to page big respect to everyone. Got a 12 Citadel that leaks water through the sunroof Seal when it rain. Has anyone had this issue before? What’s the cheapest way to fix it.

Old 07-22-2020, 05:05 PM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Welcome to the forum! Which "seal" are you referring to? The seal between the sunroof and metal roof of the Durango is not really expected to keep water out. There are drains below the roof to address water that makes it past the debris seal. If those drains get plugged though, then water can overflow the drain rails, get on the headliner, and dribble in to the passenger compartment. If you have water coming in the passenger compartment and a wet headliner, you're probably looking at plugged sunroof drains rather than a bad seal.

-Rod

Old 10-15-2023, 04:03 PM
XxCotHGxX
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you use to clean the drain tubes.

Originally Posted by SHO Rod
... There are drains below the roof to address water that makes it past the debris seal. If those drains get plugged though, then water can overflow the drain rails, get on the headliner, and dribble in to the passenger compartment. If you have water coming in the passenger compartment and a wet headliner, you're probably looking at plugged sunroof drains rather than a bad seal.

-Rod
I looked at my drain holes and they seem unobstructed. What do you recommend I use to go down the tube to make sure there isn't some crud?

Last edited by XxCotHGxX; 10-15-2023 at 04:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Sunroof seal leaks