3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Wont Start

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 06:14 PM
Petehirschoff
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Wont Start

Hello,

I have a 2016 Dodge Durango with 112546 miles on it. This is the second occurance of it not wanting to start. The first time we drove from PGH to Maryland and stopped at a relatives house for dinner then came out and it wouldn't start. Called tow truck and he tried to jump it and it still wouldnt start. It was towed to the nearest dealership and they stated they couldn't find anything wrong with it and check the starter system and charging system and everything was fine, this was last month. Now today this afternoon I go out to start my Durango and it wont start giving the same indications of a month ago of ......no indication that anything is wrong except it wont start. I swapped around relays, disconnected the battery and still wont start.

I need some help here I dont want to take it to a dealership for them to just charge me 150.00 for a "nothing is wrong diagnostic test".
Has anyone seen these issues before.....

Old 03-30-2021, 11:43 AM
DDCREW
Professional
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

More details needed:
1. Does the engine crank, but it just will not fire?
2. Push the start button without depressing the brake pedal to put the car into accessory mode and then press again to go into start mode; do you hear the fuel pump briefly running?
3. Are there any messages in the display cluster, such as "No key present"?

Old 03-31-2021, 02:28 PM
Petehirschoff

1. push button no response at all
2. not sure on fuel pump running how loud will it be?
3. no messages
this is the second time it has done this the first dealership said nothing was wrong and no codes were available. It is currently at a different dealership now and will see what they say

Old 04-01-2021, 01:00 PM
DDCREW
Professional
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Petehirschoff
1. push button no response at all
2. not sure on fuel pump running how loud will it be?
3. no messages
this is the second time it has done this the first dealership said nothing was wrong and no codes were available. It is currently at a different dealership now and will see what they say
2. You should hear like a brief buzzing sound when the fuel pump pressurizes the fuel delivery system. Without stepping on the brake pedal, when the start button is pushed once, the car goes into accessory mode (you can listen to the radio without starting the car). The 2nd push of the start button puts the car in starting mode (everything will light up on the dashboard) and that's when you'll hear a brief buzzing sound, which is the fuel pump pressurizing the system.

Old 04-01-2021, 04:46 PM
Petehirschoff

Originally Posted by DDCREW
2. You should hear like a brief buzzing sound when the fuel pump pressurizes the fuel delivery system. Without stepping on the brake pedal, when the start button is pushed once, the car goes into accessory mode (you can listen to the radio without starting the car). The 2nd push of the start button puts the car in starting mode (everything will light up on the dashboard) and that's when you'll hear a brief buzzing sound, which is the fuel pump pressurizing the system.
Well they told me it was the battery changed out the battery for a cost of 341.34. Showed up to pick up the vehicle and guess what it won’t start.
the repair order also didn’t have the previous info that i provide about the previous repair back pn 3/9/2021 at the other dealership so back to square one.

Is there any Dodge Reps here that can help?

Last edited by Petehirschoff; 04-01-2021 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-02-2021, 06:37 PM
Petehirschoff

They are saying its the starter now so replacing that and we will see what happens on monday.

Old 04-03-2021, 12:47 AM
Vimes
Veteran
Received 63 Likes on 57 Posts

If it were me I'd tell them to be sure because you're not going to pay them to throw parts at it until something sticks. I'd be discussing that new battery with them too.

Quick Reply: Wont Start