3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Codes:7E8 Engine and 7E9 AT 2015 Durango

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 10:22 PM
St.Char
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Codes:7E8 Engine and 7E9 AT 2015 Durango

Had my check engine light for about a day, then went away. I put the code reader on and got these 2 codes. It seems to run fine, however when I lift the hood, I hear a slight vibration noise, almost like something may be loose, coming from the top of the engine cover, seems like around the belts. Any ideas? Thx.

Last edited by St.Char; 04-11-2021 at 03:16 AM.
Old 04-11-2021, 12:09 PM
DDCREW
Professional
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you Google the 2 what you call "codes", you'll find that they are not codes. These are control module menus; 7E8 is a menu for the engine power train and 7E9 is a menu for the transmission power train.

Most times when the check engine light comes on and goes off, codes are not stored. One thing to check is to make sure the gas cap is tight.

Last edited by DDCREW; 04-11-2021 at 12:13 PM.
Old 04-11-2021, 04:51 PM
St.Char
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DDCREW
If you Google the 2 what you call "codes", you'll find that they are not codes. These are control module menus; 7E8 is a menu for the engine power train and 7E9 is a menu for the transmission power train.

Most times when the check engine light comes on and goes off, codes are not stored. One thing to check is to make sure the gas cap is tight.
Thanks! After doing further research, I did discover this too, I used my OBD 2 scanner and you are right, no codes were stored.

Old 04-14-2021, 01:48 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by St.Char
Had my check engine light for about a day, then went away. I put the code reader on and got these 2 codes. It seems to run fine, however when I lift the hood, I hear a slight vibration noise, almost like something may be loose, coming from the top of the engine cover, seems like around the belts. Any ideas? Thx.
Greetings St.Char,
Sorry to hear you are experiencing this, we certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you end up addressing this with your local Dodge dealer, please let us know via PM. We'd be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.
Rob
Dodge Cares

Quick Reply: Codes:7E8 Engine and 7E9 AT 2015 Durango