3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2017 Dodge Durango GT OP302 code, starts running very rough

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2021, 09:54 PM
jcharles22
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2017 Dodge Durango GT OP302 code, starts running very rough

I just bought a 2017 Durango from an individual. The car was running fine and is in good condition, (or so it seemed). The next day, The car Autostart/Stop warning light went off, then the check engine light kicked on, then it started shaking, very badly. I pulled off, looked around it and popped the hood. Couldn’t find anything. After about 20 minutes I started it back up and the problem was gone. Drove it for a couple days and the problem is back. I changed the accessory battery and installed an autostart/stop eliminator. It ran great for 10 minutes, then again, same issue. I took it to Autozone and found a OP302 code, cylinder 2 misfire. Has anyone had experience with this? I’m freaking out, I can’t believe I bought someone else’s car trouble. I feel so stupid.

Old 10-26-2021, 10:12 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by jcharles22
I just bought a 2017 Durango from an individual. The car was running fine and is in good condition, (or so it seemed). The next day, The car Autostart/Stop warning light went off, then the check engine light kicked on, then it started shaking, very badly. I pulled off, looked around it and popped the hood. Couldn’t find anything. After about 20 minutes I started it back up and the problem was gone. Drove it for a couple days and the problem is back. I changed the accessory battery and installed an autostart/stop eliminator. It ran great for 10 minutes, then again, same issue. I took it to Autozone and found a OP302 code, cylinder 2 misfire. Has anyone had experience with this? I’m freaking out, I can’t believe I bought someone else’s car trouble. I feel so stupid.
Hi jcharles22,
We apologize for the trouble you are experiencing. Feel free to let us know via private message if you plan to work with your dealer to resolve this. We're happy to provide you with additional assistance during that process.

Rob
Dodge Cares

Old 12-02-2021, 03:58 AM
sigis
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has this problem been solved by replacing the fuel injector? yes?because my car does the same.

Old 07-20-2022, 12:31 PM
Zee1102
Default Anyone have a solution?

Did you ever get this issue resolved? My 2017 is doing the same thing. I've already changed the coil pack, and plugs.

Old 07-20-2022, 12:38 PM
Zee1102
Default Anyone have a solution?

Did you ever get this issue resolved? My 2017 is doing the same thing. I've already changed the coil pack, and plugs.

Old 03-27-2023, 03:21 PM
coreyspooner

Did you figure out the problem? My truck doing the same thing

Old 03-29-2023, 01:13 PM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm not sure which engine your Durango has, but at least the V8 is pretty easy to work on in these. The V6 may not be bad to work either. One thing you could try is to swap the spark plug(s) from cylinder 2 with another cylinder, then swap the coil pack with yet another cylinder. If the misfire follows the spark plugs, then you have a spark plug issue. If the misfire follows the coil pack, then you have a coil pack issue. If the misfire remains a P0302, then you either have a fuel injector related issue, a wiring issue for the coil, or a mechanical issue associated with cylinder number 2. A noid light can help determine if it's a fuel injector wiring issue, or an oscilloscope can help with wiring concerns for both the coil and the injector. A cylinder leakdown test kit can help diagnose mechanical issues associated with the cylinder.

-Rod

Quick Reply: 2017 Dodge Durango GT OP302 code, starts running very rough