3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2019 gt foglight issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2024, 06:21 PM
vako
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy 2019 gt foglight issue

hi i have 2019 durango gt with srt foglights unforch... i bumped into a car with my car and it hit the driver side of my car going like 5 mph.. and my left fog light went out. i ordered a new one because you can't change bulbs.. and its still not coming on. does fog lights have a fuse somewhere i didn't see any. any ideas any1?

Old 04-04-2024, 12:28 AM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

They will certainly be on a fuse. It may not be a dedicated fuse though. Did you check your owner's manual for the fuse location?

Is it just the left fog that isn't working or did they both go out? Do you have a test light to check for both power and ground to the fog light? Maybe bumping the other car caused a ground wire or connection to break.

-Rod

Old 04-04-2024, 12:13 PM
vako
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SHO Rod
They will certainly be on a fuse. It may not be a dedicated fuse though. Did you check your owner's manual for the fuse location?

Is it just the left fog that isn't working or did they both go out? Do you have a test light to check for both power and ground to the fog light? Maybe bumping the other car caused a ground wire or connection to break.

-Rod
Only left one is out. If it was a grounding issue wouldn't both of then go out? I've digged digged thru internet I cannot find a single info on 3rd Gen foglight fuse. Also wouldn't bad fuse cause both of them to go out. And another weird thing I didn't get warning on dash that my light was out I usually get warning whenever any of my lights go out

Old 04-04-2024, 09:30 PM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm not sure if they're on the same fuse or not. Often times headlights are individually fused. From a safety perspective, fog/driving lights are not as critical, but they may still be on separate fuses. And each light will probably have a separate ground. Again, if you have a test light or multimeter it would be easy to check for power and ground to determine if you should be looking for a fuse/power issues or a ground issue. I don't have access to wiring diagrams for your 2019, and the older stuff is not necessarily going to be similar so looking at an older wiring diagram probably isn't of much use.

-Rod

Quick Reply: 2019 gt foglight issue